Monday, February 23, 2009

Let's Get It Started

Let's get it started in here,
let's get it started, ha!
(yep, I'm serenading myself in my head. Thank you, Black Eyed Peas)

Today I wore:


  • black slacks (Lane Bryant)
  • magenta shortsleeve blouse (Target
  • grey cashmere sweater (Old Navy)
  • pink paisley chain belt, repurposed as a necklace (via Ross)
  • magenta kitten heels (Steven by Steve Madden)

Food


So Day 1 went pretty well. But let's be honest here; if you can't make it through the first day, there are serious problems with your will power or motivation. Sheer ambition usually carries me along until Day 3. I hate Day 3. But more on that...on Day 3!

Let's look at pictures! Everyone likes pictures. And I find them to be highly motivating. Even when there are the oh so appetizing pictures of my take-it-to-work-in-old-chinese-delivery-plasticware.

Breakfast (312 calories):



  • 1/2 c. Natures Path Ginger Zing granola (150 c)
  • 6 oz Kroger brand lite yogurt, coconut cream pie flavor YUM (80 c)
  • 3 oz fresh blueberries (32 c)
  • 1 can Blade Sugar Free - thank you, CVS free stuff addiction (30 c)
  • 1 Viactiv Multivitamin chew (20 c)

Lunch (415 calories):



  • 1 packet Buddig pastrami (90 c) 2 slices Earthgrains 35 vegetable fiber wheat bread (70 c)
  • 1 T. nonfat cream cheese (15 c)
  • 2 c. homemade turkey noodle soup (120 c)

  • 3 very small clementines - Lil Cuties (80 c)
  • 10 baby carrots (40 c)

Snacks (210 calories):



  • 1 SoyJoy bar (130 c)
  • 1 string cheese (80 c)

Dinner (722 calories):


  • 3 slices homemade veggie pizza w/ orange bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, onions, feta, and basil
  • 1 garlic cheese stick

Dessert (200 calories):

  • 1 mug hot tea (0 c)
  • 3 Girl Scout Dulce de Leche cookies (200 c)

Exercise

I've been trying to climb the stairs one day per week. For the last few weeks it always seems to happen on Mondays. Today I went up and down 3 flights of stairs every time I went to the bathroom. That's 12 flights of stairs today, which doesn't sound like very much but my legs are almost always sore for a couple of days afterwards.

No comments: