Thursday, April 23, 2009

7-11 Strikes Again

When I got to work today, I realized I was underdressed. Normally what I am wearing would be on the casual side of acceptable, but today the "big bosses" were here, so I would have felt more comfortable in something dressier.

We ran to 7-11 to get coffee this morning and this time my coworker was scalded by hot coffee that overflowed out of the machine and onto his hand, and then he was overcharged for his other items. This is the same 7-11 we were at when the hotel caught on fire. I'm starting to think that we shouldn't go there for coffee anymore. Yikes!

What I Wore While 7-11 Attacked My Coworker:


ignore my weird face - I only get one "take" when Rand is my photohrapher

  • red graphic short-sleeve T (Lane Bryant)
  • tan corduroy skirt (Ann Taylor Loft)
  • cream bead belt (? via Ross)
  • goldtone hoops (via Macy's)
  • goldtone oval link necklace (via Macy's)
  • goldtone wrap necklace (H&M)
  • goldtone & faux pearl necklace (thrifted new stock @ Goodwill)
  • red leather gold chain flats (?? it's worn off and I don't remember)

What I Ate That Was Healthy But Flavorless:


  • 4 oz tilapia (we didn't put enough spices on it, so it was bland)
  • 1 c. wild rice
  • side salad w/ carrots, red bell pepper, yellow squash, and avocado

  • dessert - grilled pineapple in a tiny graham cracker and chocolate pie shell

What I Did To Get Exercise While Running An Errand:

We returned the movie from last by walking to Blockbuster. It's about a mile from our house, so that's a 2 mile walk roundtrip. Not to bad for a little pre-dinner walk.

Total for the Day: 1278 calories, 2 mile walk

6 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I'm sorry you felt under dressed. You really do look fantastic.

Hillary said...

Cute skirt and love the belt. Okay so I'm starting to worry about that 7-11 too. It's jinxed or something. The food looks great, just experiment with the spices to liven it up.

Nana Erin said...

I hate feeling underdressed. Other places I've tened to be on the casual side of what flys, but here I tend to be the dressy one, which is nice.

It's still ac ute outfit though. Who made that fabulous little cream bag? Did I miss that? I love it.

Unknown said...

Love your shoes! Your meal does give me an idea for supper tonight :)

fashionafterforty.blogspot.com

Kasmira said...

Also pleading for details on the bag!

Tina said...

The clutch is Daisy Fuentes. I got it at Kohl's about a year ago. It has a thick gold chain with a gold leather handhold spot if you don't want to carry it as a clutch.