Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Favorite Necklace

What I Wore After The Sun Attacked My Blouses:


I had an entirely different outfit picked out to wear today, but when I decided to iron my shirt this morning, I noticed that the windows in my closet had turned the white sleeve of my shirt yellow. I grabbed a different white blouse - same thing. UGH. I have such a hard time finding basic white blouses that don't gap or pull, so it's really disheartening that those two are ruined. I'm going to try bluing on them to see if that helps. Otherwise it might be a good excuse to buy this shirt that I have really been wanting. It's made for girls with big girls. Yep, that's me. But $90, yikes!

Anyway, I think my reconfigured outfit (had to keep the skirt on since I promised Maria I would wear it today) was better than my original. I had a hard time getting Rand to let me leave the house this morning. merow. I hope y'all like it as much as he did. Oh and trust me, the camisole is a very pretty chartreuse despite looking yellow or cream in this pic. My blackberry isn't gret for colors in photos.
  • fuschia linen skirt (Lord & Taylor, thrifted - Goodwill)
  • chartreuse silk cami (Old Navy)
  • brown/black/white/teal tweed shortsleeve jacket (Target)
  • grey patent leather heels (Steve Madden)
  • maroon seed bracelet (made by a friend's mother)
  • tea rose necklace (thrift store in NYC many years ago)
  • black leather belt (?)

What I Ate After Two Days of Eating Alone:


Rand is back in Dallas, and it was really nice to have dinner together again. I don't eat at the table when it's just me and really it makes the meal so much more satisfying when you do.
  • pork chops w/ garlic, herb, olive oil topping made by our friends (we took home the extra after dinner at their house on Sunday)
  • spinach & tomato salad w/ olive oil & balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Alexia Artisan roll
  • 1/2 glass of red wine
  • 3 small black bean brownies (not as good this time. I think it's because I used a different brownie mix)
Total for the Day: 1678 calories, 4 glasses of water, no exercise

1 comment:

Lola said...

Let us know if you get that Bratique Helene shirt! I have been eyeing their stuff too, after giving up on button-downs, but don't know if I can justify the price tag...