Friday, April 24, 2009

Webcams & Wrecks


Well casual Friday was a bust, which really made me sad since I had a super-cute outfit involving red suspenders ready to go. But I ended up have two appointments today that both required a suit, so the suspenders were put on hold.

At the second appointment I was asked to take a typing test, which I found hilarious. I'm an attorney, so it's not usually a required skill, but this employer had recently been burned by hiring several attorneys who were not computer saavy at all. Oh I also have to talk about myself on webcam for a few minutes. Awkward!

I stopped by Goodwill on my way home - you will be seeing lots more scarves from soon! And on my way back from Goodwill I ran into a ton of traffic. Here's why----------------------------------->


What I Wore While on Webcam:


  • black suit (Lane Bryant)
  • red silk ruffled shell (Max Studio)
  • leopard pont hair pumps (Charles by Charles David)
  • snake head garnet earrings (antique, gift)
  • garnet ring (gift)
  • camel colored stone multistrand necklace (Lane Bryant?)

What I Ate After Seeing a Very Scary Car Wreck:

  • spinach & tomato pasta
  • pesto pizza

We had our friend Maria over for dinner tonight and all three of us agreed that the pasta we made was really gross. So we gave in and ordered pizza.

4 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

Garnet is my birthstone, so I'm jealous you have such a great ring. You look great as always.

Sheila said...

You look awesome, Tina! Love the shoes! I think it's smart of them to test computer knowledge - we have hired people in our office who also haven't got a clue how to get around Word, Excel or use a database. What a pain!

Tina said...

Honeybunches - Thanks. This is some of my favorite jewelry.

Sheila - Thank you! I understand why they did it; I just found it amusing since I won't have to type or use Word (they gave me a test on that too) in the job I was applying for. However you are right - by requiring those tests, it will become obvious who can't use a computer at all - which is a highly required skill for what we would be doing.

Lydia said...

I would never think to put leopard with a black suit and pink top...It looks GREAT on you! :)

I'm new to your blog, and I really like what I see! :)