Sunday, May 17, 2009

Can You Rock It?

Last week, I borrowed several pieces from Maria's giant trunk of vintage jewelry. You never know what you're going to find, and on more than one occassion she or I have pulled something out and just stared at it, awestruck by its hideousness. But quite often even those pieces have some potential. You just have to pair them with the right clothing and the right attitude. Then you "rock it."

For example

Maria was convinced this glass necklace was beyond all help. After a suggestion that it be paired with a white T and a blue cardigan, it was perfect to wear to an Etsy fair (and t breakfast prior). She got multiple compliments.


Despite my assurance that she just needed to "rock it", Maria remained unconvinced about one item (or pair) from her jewelry trunk and challenged me to "rock it" this coming week. So the item was added to my pile of borrowed jewelry. And if you think it's obvious, I want to tell you that we debated several pieces in this group prior to coming to an agreement about their "rock-ability."

Can you guess which one is my Challenge Piece?

6 comments:

Jess said...

I'm going with the crazy elephant necklace. I wouldn't exactly consider that an 'everyday piece'. :P

Jess said...

Oh, and tell Maria I think she's totally rocking the crazy 80's necklace!

Diana said...

I'm going to guess that the elephant will be the most difficult, although I think you can pull it off.

Pauline Wiles said...

I think the elephant ate my previous attempt at a comment.
What I was trying to say was, I'm sure we'll see that necklace on you in a few days looking 100% fabulous and I'll be awestruck at how you did it!

Sans Moniker said...

This photo is no fair because it looks 1000% more hideous in person.

Thanks for the 80s glass necklace compliments. It's was tough, ladies. ;-)

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I can't tell, I would be rock-in all of it, but yes I would have to go with the elephant one. Not sure if the only look you can do is Safari, would love to see how you did the look.