Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

I liked my outfit so much today, that I had to do a weekend post. I tried on these jeans and realized that even though they fit now and are comfortable, they're really tighter than I want to wear. Then it struck me - was it even remotely possibly that I, who can never even find boots that fit my huge muscular calves, could possibly shove these tight jeans into a pair of boots? No way, I thought, but I had to try. And they did!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "You look like you should be riding a horse." I have to agree with that. Instead I went out to eat champagne brunch. Yummy goodness.

What I Wore to Sunday Brunch:

2009-10-11 combo

  • jeans (Lane Bryant)
  • brown wedge boots (Cloudwalkers via Avenue)
  • brown tweed plaid jackets (Lane Bryant)
  • maroon long sleeve T (Old Navy)
  • bronze necklace (borrowed from Maria)
  • bronze earrings (gift from aunt)

11 comments:

Jess said...

I have 17" calves (thank you, a lifetime of dance) and have had them no matter what size I have been on the rest of my body, so it has always been a challenge for me to find boots that fit.

Last year that changed...I wanted a pair of flat black riding boots and I found some from the brand Ros Hommerson on Zappos that looked like they'd be perfect. I ordered them and they WERE perfect...zipped all the way up with no resistance and weren't so tight they looked like sausage casings. I was supposed to surrender them to the hubby to wrap and put under the tree, but I told him he'd have to try and take them from me, and that he'd lose. LOL

I just scored another pair of their boots (this time heeled and in brown calfskin) off Amazon for $70 and I love them just as much as the black ones. I wore them yesterday tucked into skinny jeans and they are super cute.

The other tina said...

*sigh* I wish I could wear boots......My calves are huge. You look fab!

Tina said...

Jess - thanks for the tip. I'll check them out!

The Other Tina - I just measured my calves. They are 18 1/2 inches. To put that in perspective, I've order not just wide, but extra wide calves boots before and had them be so small on me that I couldn't even get the zipper within an inch of itself. The only boots I've found that fit are the Cloudwalkers brand that they sell at Avenue stores and online. You should check them out. And Jess, above, had another suggestion. Good luck!

Leina said...

This post is a godsend. I've always wanted tall zip-up boots that could fit over my big calves but was never successful in finding them. I'm so checking out Avenue. THANK YOU!

Joanna said...

You look awesome in this!

The other Tina said...

Tina,
Thanks for the suggestion! I will check it out. Now I have to muster the nerve to measure my calves....

eednic said...

those boots look really HOTTZ on you!

i got a pair of riding boots this weekend at Target and wore them to go see Erik. he told me I looked like a jedi and all day kept teasing me that I was a cast member for Star Wars.

Jess said...

Great outfit! I love this look :)

Becky said...

Yay-jeans and boots must have been the theme for the weekend! Thanks for the dye tip-I might just do it, I've had those jeans forever, and they could use a face lift :)

Kari said...

Oh, how wonderful! I am member of the large calf club too, and it's just heaven when you can find a beautiful boot that fits as well as yours does. Love the tweed jacket too!

GFS said...

I really like this look! Boots and blazers are always so classic:)