Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tina in a Tree

Recently a PR person from Marshall's contacted me and offered me a $25 giftcard to check out their new Fall fashions. I agreed since I used to shop there all the time and I loved it. It was my go-to place for inexpensive suits. I had a plan. I was going to take my giftcard and was not going to spend a penny over that.

Oh Marshalls, you sucked me in. I forgot how much good stuff I always find there. I walked out after spending not $25, but $150. LOL. I bought clothes, gadgets, and even a workout DVD. My favorite purchase was this sweater. It was just so nice to touch. I had to have it. And the shoes! Oh the shoes! They didn't have such a great shoe section when I used to shop there. They have so many designer brand names now. I had to avoid it altogether or I would have spent twice what I did.

I do have one complaint about the store. They were playing different music in The Cube section than they were playing in the rest of the store. But you could hear both in the entire store. It was really annoying.

What I Wore While Lounging on the Couch:


2009-10-28 combo

  • black/white dress (Goodwill)
  • dusty purple sweater* (Theory via Marshalls)
  • black tights (Target)
  • black loafers** (Liz Claiborne)
  • vintage key (antique store)
  • purple earrings (Ross?)

*I know it looks black, but it's a dark dusty purple.

What I Ate While Trying to Avoid Hangover Food:

2009-10-28 food

  • breakfast: 2 fried eggs with onions, alternative bagel w/ laughing cow, apple, grape tomatoes
  • lunch: buddig pastrami sandwich, brocolli slaw, 3 cuties
  • snack: banana, vanilla yogurt with cherries
  • dinner: baked potato with taco chicken, corn, avocado, sour cream, and cheese; side salad

Total for the Day: 29 points

10 comments:

Aradia said...

Love the necklace! Cool and sweet!

Sabrina said...

Marshalls is so addicting. I go in the same way you do, with a plan. But once I am in there that plan goes out the window.

Love the sweater. It looks like a perfect fall sweater to wear with dressy and casual.

Sheila said...

That is a gorgeous sweater - wow, love the colour.

Your food looks awesome! That's a lot of great stuff there - I bet that helped your hangover better than "regular" hangover food (hey, I've been there!). :)

Anonymous said...

Tina what is an alternative bagel? I'd love to know. I heart bagels but they are carbo-licious!

Tina said...

Aradia - thanks!

Shopaholic - no kidding. The low prices are so hard to pass up that you end up spending so much. LOL

Sheila - thanks! Yeah, I think the eggs and cheese at breakfast helped.

Anon - They are bagels that only have 110 calories and are only 1 Weight Watchers point. But they taste like real bagels, not some diet version. There is only one store in Dallas that I know that sells them, so they are probably hard to find in stores. YOu can get them online too. Here is a link to their website: https://westernbagel.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=ALTB&keywords=all&template=products/TheAlternativeBagel.html

Goober said...

I love your new sweater!

Marshalls is totally my weakness. I think a good 1/2 my closet is from there. But how can you resist department store brands at bargain prices? That's right, you can't, nor should you!

Brooke said...

Love the sweater! Especially over the dress. Nice find.

Also, I have to say, I think your hair has been especially pretty lately. :)

Laurie said...

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the %50 off at Payless until tomorrow go here to get the code or coupon

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20091016-tows-payless

I bought 2 pairs of cute boots for $27.00 oh yeah!

Tara said...

I too love Marshall's and I also am annoyed that the music clashes. I honestly don't think that the music choice in the cube is going to make 'juniors' buy more clothing. :)

Tina said...

Heather - I know. Marshalls will just suck you in. I took Rand back a couple of days later to get some stuff I eyeballed for him while I was there.

Brooke - thanks! I must admit that my hair has not been it's usual frizzy mess lately.

StrivingBelle - thanks.

Tara - agreed. The music in The Cube isn't going to increase sales. And the fact that you can hear both at once just makes it seem less posh, not more.