Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trip To Houston

As I mentioned earlier, I unexpectedly ended up with the entire week off, so I moved up a trip that I had planned for next week. I drove down to Houston to see a friend (Hi, Magnolia!) while she was in Texas visiting her mom (Hi, Pamela!). She had previoulsy mentioned that she really wanted me grey "curtain" skirt, so I decided that I needed to bring it to her. But clearly I needed to wear it one last time. So my traveling attire was a little dressier than normal.

What I Wore While Driving to Houston:

2009-10-21 combo

  • grey skirt (WDNY, Goodwill)
  • patterned peasant shirt (Goodwill)
  • grey stretch belt (Goodwill)
  • brown boots (Avenue)
  • grey earrings (Rainbow)

PS - I think I looked like a hippie witch.

What I Wore While Returning to Dallas:

2009-10-22 combo

  • jeans (Lane Bryant)
  • maroon blouse (Old Navy)
  • mushroom cardi (Goodwill)
  • gold leaf brooch (Goodwill)
  • multicolored earrings (hand-me-down from a friend)
  • brown/red multistrand necklace (Ashley Stewart)
  • tan/maroon snakeskin flats (Target)

Have Hoop, Will Travel:

You know I took my hoop to Houston with me and I persuaded both Magnolia and Pamela to take a turn with it. Boo-ya!!

6 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I've been loving your hair lately, I think the way you twist it makes me want to give it a go.

and of course you look fabulous!!!

Stacy said...

You look so pretty in both outfits!! I want to hoola hoop now that you showed me your adult size hoop! So much fun!

Sheila said...

I love the witchy outfit! You look so pretty!

Deborah-lee said...

That's smart travelling. Wear something then give it to your friend hee hee. Less washing and more room in your bag for souveniers!

Kari said...

Both outfits are beautiful! And that's fun that you convinced others to give hooping a try.

My sister is very into the hooping exercise on Wii Sports. It looks hilarious - I haven't tried it yet.

Tina said...

HoneyBunches - Thanks! I am super lazy when it comes to my hair, plus I only wash it twice a week, so I've discovered that having it half up works best for me. But I am too lazy for that even sometimes.

Stacy - Well just say the word and I will buy a hoop and ship it to you. Sister fun time in the snow!! Right?

Sheila - thanks! That was one of those days where I felt pretty too. Too bad it was wasted just sitting in a car for 4 hours.

Deborah Lee - no kidding! I need to learn how to do that more often. :)

Kari - I have to give the credit to Erin (Work With What You've Got) for getting me into hooping. In fact, that's how we met. She just emailed me and invited me along. It's a lot of fun. You should def try the Wii hooping. It's quite a workout!