Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve

I don't know about you, but when I've got a big evening shindig, I generally look pretty pathetic during the day. I like to wash my hair in the morning and then just let it air dry. And I don't like to wear any makeup so my face is fresh for the evening. And I like to wear really comfy clothes to balance out the discomfort that can come from pretty shoes and tight clothes.

What I Wore To Get the Day Started:

2009-12-31

  • jeans (Ralph Lauren)
  • purple tank (Lane Bryant)
  • patterned shirt (via Goodwill)
  • grey jersey cardi (via Marshalls)
  • black flats (maurices)
  • diamond necklace (inherited)

What I Wore to Victory Park:

2009-12-31 combo

  • black sweater dress (Target)
  • grey striped tights (Lane Bryant)
  • black fishnets (Target)
  • black boots (Cloudwalkers via Avenue)
  • earrings & necklace (via swap)

This outfit is a little tougher than I would have liked. I prefer a little more glam look, but I couldn't find any heels that were comfotable enough for lots of standing. See, we went to this big Times Square-esque event at Victory Park in downtown Dallas and we thought we might be standing outside for several hours. So I opted for comfortable and warm boots. But as it turns out, we only stood outside for about 15 minutes. So I could have worn sexy heels instead. Oh well.


What I Ate on New Year's Eve:

2009-12-31 food

  • breakfast: almond butter on toast, pear
  • lunch: chicken nuggets and fries (McDonalds)
  • dinner: steak slider amuse bouche, tuna tartare appetizer, steak and lobster tempura, coconut cream pie (Victory Tavern)
  • drinks: vodka sprites, red wine with dinner
What I Did While Watching Easy Virtue:

2009-12-31 exercise


I worked from home this morning, so I wasn't really in a big rush like I usually am. So I plugged a movie into the VCR in my new workout room and stepped on the treadmill. I walked for 1/2 hour while watching Easy Virtue. I'm a sucker for anything with Colin Firth. And I really think I amgoing to like having a VCR with the treadmill. It makes it so much easier to get on it and walk, walk, walk.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

When I had my treadmill, I loved watching TV on it, especially movies. Since I walk outside exclusively now, I plug in my mp3 player and go. Having something to distract you from the exercise is the best!

You'll be in that orange skirt before you know it! Let me know when I should ship it. :)

Kari said...

Lovely - I think you look plenty glam as is! The sweaterdress is beautiful and I like the sparkle of your necklace.

Brooke said...

I love your new year's outfit! That necklace is perfect with that simple dress. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your party look - the necklace is stunning, and really pulls the look into "party" :-) Hope you had fun!

Tina said...

Sheila - you constantly amaze me with all your walking. I can't believe that you walk 8km to your WW meeting. (am I remembering that right?)You are a rock star!

Kari - thanks! I just wanted to wear heels instead of boots. I felt like the boots and all the black and the fishnets ended up looking more "tough" and less "glam" than I wanted.

Brooke - thanks! It was actually the thing that I spent the most time picking out for the evening. I must have tried on about 7 necklaces before I settled on this one.

Tat - thanks! I had a blast. I hope your NYE was fun too.