Friday, February 5, 2010

Purple Week Day #9??

I gave up on wearing my purple, b/c honestly I was just sick of it. Too much color. Yuck. I totally overcompensated today with an all black outfit. And then as I was walking out the door, I grabbed this jacket. I thought "oh it's perfect. A tiny bit of color and pattern that won't clash since I am wearing all black." And then in the car I noticed...it's got purple in it! AACCKKKK!!!! I can't escape the purple.

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "You look like a goth chick. You look like a wannabe-vampire douche." Nice. But he also thought that the shirt I was wearing under the dress was hot, so maybe he has a thing for wannabe-vampire, goth douches?

What I Wore Underneath the Sneaky Purple:

2010-02-03 combo

  • black lace shell (Lane Bryant)
  • black shirt dress (American Shirt Dress Co. via Goodwill)
  • black fishnet tights (Target?)
  • black cotton necklace, worn as bracelet (made by Maria)
  • black brooch, worn on bracelet (via Goodwill)
  • black suede wedges (I can't remember)
  • vintage black sequin screw-back earrings (via Goodwill)
What I Did While Watching More Biggest Loser on Hulu:

2010-02-03 exercise

Don't forget to sign up to enter the Shoes Got Sole giveaway.

7 comments:

LaShaune said...

I love those earrings and the cami is super sexy. A girl's gotta have a little lace in her wardrobe and you do it well!

BBM said...

that lace shell is hot! and the coat is super cute! but its all about red today girl! go red! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts...so inspiring. It makes me want to exersize after seeing you on the tredmill, and I enjoy seeing your meals(sounds weird, huh?) - your supper always looks fantastic and healthy!

magnolia said...

I love this outfit. It is super cute, no goth here. And I'd like to see that coat up close, luvs. Tell Rand to hush it, Nerd! xoxo

Honeybunches of Roses said...

your looking good! I'm on a purple kick too...love purple on you...you look great!

Sheila said...

This is my first season of watching The Biggest Loser - I find it very inspirational (although I really want team Red to get the boot).

Tina said...

LeShaune - 100% agreed - lace is a necessity! Thanks!

BBM - oops. I missed the red boat. But I wore red the next day. Does that count?

SewingStacy - honestly, I feel the same way. Why is it that seeing what other people eat is so fascinating?? Who knows, but it is.

Shawnee - You would love this coat. I'll show you when you are in town for the wedding.

Honeybunches - Thanks!

Sheila - I find it very insirational too. It makes it much easier to workout when you see those people working so hard. I am torn by the red team...they annoy me, but it is a game so why is it wrong to actually play the game. I don't know. I'll see how they are going forward, I guess.