Sunday, January 23, 2011

In the Dressing Room: Larger Than Life


I found a plus size consignment store in Dallas! I was super excited to check it out, but I was worried it was going to just be a bunch of old lady clothes. I was so wrong. It was so much better than I had dared to hope for.

First off, the place was cram-packed full of stuff. Sometimes that can really be off-putting because things are jumbled up and it's just too hard to find anything, but the racks were so well organized with everything sorted by garment type and also by size. Second, there were so many style and brand options. And lots of different sizes. Finally, the shop's owner has really gone the extra mile with some little touches. The dressing rooms are nice and large, with a huge mirror. She provides a hand mirror so you can check out your reverse image. There is even a fan in the dressing room in case you get hot, which can really be a problem when you've brought a ton of clothes into the dressing room.

Like many consignment stores, the prices drop every week or so. And I found the prices to be quite reasonable to begin with. If you live in the Dallas area and are a plus size shopper, I suggest you check it out.

What I brought home with me:


  • dress ($19)
  • Avenue tweed skirt ($11)
  • Talbots black skirt ($15)
  • Jones New York charcoal pants ($22)
  • Daisy Fuentes jeans ($11)
What I left behind:

  • Avenue camel pinstripe ponte slacks ($10)
  • Jones New York slacks ($35, new)
  • Lane Bryant brown tweed shorts ($6)
  • Investments black skirt ($12, new)
  • Emanuel Liberte herringbone skirt ($18)

No comments: