Friday, March 4, 2011

Reader Questions: Plus Size Shopping

Reader Questions Header


Hi Tina,

I'm Kelly from Washington state, near Seattle. I found your blog yesterday and have become addicted. I'm wondering if you ever order from Dress Barn? I have Dress Barn near me and I would love to see what you can come up with from their offerings. I've just gotten the bug to wear tall boots with skirts and dresses so I love seeing how you put them in your wardrobe.

Thanks!
Kelly
_________________


Hi, Kelly!

Welcome to T Minus, T Plus! I'm so glad that you found the blog and that you are an addict. I have quite a few blogs that I feel that way about too, so it's really nice to hear that you like T Minus, T Plus too.

You have raised a really good question that actually brings up a something I've been wanting to post about soon. So I'll just do it RIGHT NOW! Thanks for the push. I have not ever ordered anything from Dress Barn (and you are the second person to ask me about that this week), BUT I HAVE A PLAN!


What is this plan, you ask?

I have a plan to shop at every single plus size retailer that I can find.



Let me expand on that, actually. I'm not going to limit this to just plus size retailers because there are an ever-growing number of "straight size" stores that are carrying expanded sizes. Basically, if they carry my size, I am going to try them out.

What does this mean? It means that I am going to buy something online and then review the quality, fit, shipping time, return policy, general style of the store, and cost. I'll do a video when I get the package and post it along with a written evaluation of those points.

The good news is that there are a lot more plus size options than there used to be. The bad news is that I have a limited shopping budget so it's going to take a long time for me to get to them all. If any readers have requests, I'll try to shop at those stores first. Or if any retailers decide that they would like me to review their products and send me some items to review, then naturally I will review those when I get them. Otherwise the reviews will just happen as I have the time, money, and find things I like at each store.

So, Dress Barn is on the list! Here is the entire list. Please let me know of any stores I have missed.

17 Sundays
Addition Elle
Always for me
Anna Scholz
AppleBottoms
Ashley Stewart
ASOS
Avenue
B&Lu
Betty Page Clothing
Bloomingdales
Carmakoma
CATO
Chic Star
CityChic
Clothes R Us
Coldwater Creek
deb
Dillards
Domino Dollhouse
Dorthy Perkins
Dots
Dress Barn
Elocin
eShakti
Evans Clothing
Fashion Bug
Fashion To Figure
Figuresque
Forever 21+
Fredericks of Hollywood
Ideeli
JCPenney
Jessica London
Jibri
Just My Size
Kiyonna
Kohls
Kmart
Lane Bryant
Love N Lace
LucieLu
Macy's
Marshalls
maurices
Missphit
ModCloth
Monif C
MXM
Nordstrom
Old Navy
One Stop Plus
Penningtons
Plus Size Fix
Rainbow
Roamans
Ross
Satinwoods
Sears
Shabby Apple
Shop Ruche
Shop Translated
Silhouettes
Simply Be
Size Appeal
Sizes to Fit
SONSI
Spiegel
SWAK Designs
Talbots
Target
TJMaxx
Torrid
Ullapopken
Walmart
We Love Colors
Yours Clothing

I hope that helps!
Tina

No comments: