Sunday, August 21, 2011

Product Review: CaciqueBody

You may remember that Lane Bryant and Cacique have expanded their offerings to include a new bath and body line of products. I recently reviewed two of their products and I am back with a review of 3 more.

002

Good As New in Citrus Fresh:

Good As New is a 3-in-1 bath product that cleanses, exfoliates, and moisturizes all at once. I'm not generally a fan of exfoliating body washes primarily b/c I usually take baths rather than showers and the little exfoliating beads are hard to get rinsed out of the tub. But I stuck by bottle of Good As New in my shower and used it twice a week for 3-4 weeks. I must say that I really liked it. I'm not sure an exfoliator and a moisturizer coexist in the same product but it definitely does both of those things.

The Citrus Fresh is my favorite scent so far in this new line. It's light and bright without being too tangy smelling.

You Butter Believe It in Waterblossom:

You Butter Believe It is a body butter. I found it to be creamy and moisturizing without being too heavy. It definitely passed my "lotion test" - I know I've found a good lotion when I shower later and can feel the lotion being rinsed away. That means it was long lasting, which I like. You Butter Believe it is pretty standard as far as body butters go.

For me Waterblossum is a good scent for body butter. I generally apply heavy lotions at night right before I go to bed, so I don't like any scents that are too "refreshing" since that will wake me up rather than sooth me to sleep. Waterblossum is a mild sweet floral scent that was great for nighttime.

Keep It Smooth:

Keep It Smooth is an anti-chafing cream and was by far the product that I was most excited about in this new line. I've mentioned before that I have issues with chafing and I have lots of different methods for dealing with it. Sadly, Keep It Smooth will not be added to my arsenal. The product is touted as having a lotion to powder finish which seems like it would be exactly what you want. But on me it left a sticky residue that actually made my chafing worse than if I had used nothing at all. I tried it out under different circumstances and different outdoor temperatures. It let me down every time. So, it's not a product that I would recommend.

When I was at the Lane Bryant Blogger Conference during Full Figured Fashion Week, I was interviewed about my thoughts on the products I had already tested at the time. Lane Bryant just released the video of that interview.


No comments: