Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just Browsing: Halloween Costumes

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Costumes and candy, what's not to love?!?! I really like to make my own costumes. I usually go through my own closet to see what could be used to create a costume, or I go to Goodwill and dig up old prom dresses that can be transformed. One of my favorite costumes that I created years ago is my Dorothy costume. I made it from a vintage apron that a friend gave me, a white dress from Goodwill, and a pair of bridesmaid shoes that I covered in glitter. I've worn it so many times.

But not everyone likes to or has time to make their own costume. I've certainly been in that situation more than once over the years. So I've gone in search of a store-bought costume. Unfortunately, it has been hard to find plus-size costumes. But now there are more options for plus size costumes - some are demur and some are sexy, depending on your inclination. I've picked out some of my favorites, including a Dorothy costume, of course!
   

    

No comments: