Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dreaded Day Three

Day 3 is always hard for me. That’s when my initial rush of enthusiasm starts to fade and I realize that I’m going to have to make healthy choices all day every day. I still think that your weight should be directly related to what you ate the day before. For example, if I ate cheese fried on Monday, then on Tuesday I should be heavy, but if I ate a salad on Tuesday, then on Wednesday I should be svelte. Why can’t it work that way?? Maybe that would be bad though. What would happen the day after you were sick and didn’t eat anything? Would you cease to exist? Yikes.

Anyway, in typical Day 3 fashion, I ran into obstacles first thing in the morning. When I was pulling into my parking garage, they were handing out bag breakfasts. Who has ever heard of such a thing? Oh no. I’m going to open it and it’s going to be a yummy, warm breakfast croissant from Jason’s Deli (there is a Jason’s Deli under the parking garage), and I’m just not going to be able to resist it.

I got to my desk pulled out all my from-home breakfast items, and then I opened the dreaded paper bag. It contained a mini bottle of water, an orange, and a cherry cheese Danish in a plastic wrapper. No croissant. Thank You! Now don’t get me wrong, I love a good (and my good I mean really bad quality from the gas station type thing) Danish. But I couldn’t smell it or anything and it wasn’t the warm gooey cheesy croissant I feared. So I put the water and the orange on my desk and promptly offered the Danish to someone else so I wouldn’t eat it later out of boredom. Yay! You shall not defeat me, Day Three!!

Uh oh. Then I noticed that I brought twice as much yogurt as I should have. Normally I would just eat it since it was only the difference between 1/2 c and 1 c. Sneaky Day Three trying to get me! I divided it up and saved the rest for Thursday.

Then Maria emailed me to cancel Latin Spice b/c it's Ash Wednesday. Okay, maybe I could make myself go alone? Or at the very least I would do a workout video at home. Nope. I had to stay at work until 8. Oh crap - the food around my office isn't the best, esp given the options that are actually open after lunch. But then I remembered that when Tim stopped working here a few weeks ago, he left a Smart Ones in the freezer. And I had some extra fruit in the fridge. Sweet. Day Three is gonna be sorry it ever took on me!

What I Wore While Defeating Day Three:


  • Paisley skirt (Anne Klein)
  • Brown shortsleeve shirt (George – Walmart)
  • Camel cardigan (Kathie Lee - thrifted)
  • Teal belt (Nine West via Ross)
  • Teal suede peep toe pumps (Style & Co.)
  • Teal earrings and necklace (via Ross)
  • brown purse (unknown - thrifted)
Breakfast That Did Not Come From a Brown Paper Bag (283 calories):

  • 3 oz blueberries (32 c)
  • ½ c. Yoplait plain, fat free yogurt (71 c)
  • 1 T. Smuckers sugar free peach jam (10 c)
  • ½ c. Ginger Zing granola (150 c)
  • 1 Viactiv multivitamin (20 c)
  • 1 bottle of water (0 c)
  • 1 bottle SlimQuick Energy (0 c)

The Perpetual Repeat Lunch - today with added carrots!! (415 calories):

  • Buddig pastrami sandwich w/ nonfat cream cheese (175 c)
  • 3 lil cuties (80 c)
  • 20 baby carrots (80 c)
  • 1 string cheese (80 c)

Snacks aka How I make it From 3pm to 6pm Without Eating the Brownies that Karen Brought to the Office (330 calories):

  • 1 cup of Eating Right miso noodle soup (130 c)
  • 1 SoyJoy (130 c)
  • 2 Wasa Fiber Crispbread (70 c)
  • 1 travel mug of hot tea w/ splenda (0 c)

Whatever I Could Scrounge From the Fridge at Work for Dinner (475 calories):

  • Smart Ones Swedish Meatballs - thank you, Tim! (270 c)
  • 1 small orange (45 c)
  • 1 small gala apple (80 c)
  • 1 string cheese (80 c)

Dessert Back at Home (260 calories):

  • 1 Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch Ice Cream bar (110 c)
  • 1 large glass of white wine (150 c)

Total for the day: 1643 calories (I made it through Day Three!!!)

Exercise: none except my "going to the bathroom" stairclimbing, of which I only did 6 flights (Give me a break. I really had to pee a couple fo the times I went and didn't think I could handle walking up and down stairs first.)

No comments: