Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In a Jam?

This morning I had to run to the grocery store to exchange some preserves that had been opened and eaten (??) at the store. Eeewwww. Who does that? It made my PBJ for lunch yesterday quite bland since there was no J to speak of. Hence the need to get to the store first thing this morning so that today's lunch could be rescued.

What I Wore While Exchanging Jam at the Store:





  • black/white sheer pintucked blouse (Newport News)
  • black cardi (Target)
  • peach/red/black/white A-line skirt (thrifted via Goodwill) - I know the pic makes the flowers look peach and pink, but they are actually peach and red
  • black woven leather platform heels
  • silver-tone/black enamel bracelet (Ross)
  • red beaded necklace (so old I don't remember where I got it, extended with leather by me)
  • red/aqua bead earrings (street vendor in Austin)
  • black leather belt (?)

I tried a little pattern mixing today. It's okay, but not my favorite. What do you think? And I've decided it's a good thing that where I work is pretty casual about the business casual dress code, b/c this skirt is still really casual, even with the dress blouse. I think I'll stick to wearing it with cute Ts and flip flops on the weekends.

What I Ate While Wishing Pringles Were Calorie-free:

This week's breakfast: Smore's oatmeal (this seems to be happening all over the place this week)
  • 1/2 c. regular oats
  • tiny bit of skim milk in the cooking water
  • 1 T chocolate chips
  • 1/5 c. mini marshmallows
  • strawberries on the side

This Week's Lunch:

  • PBJ - today with J!! (mixture of Petter'n Peanut Butter & creamy PB, plus sugar free blueberry preserves)
  • small gala apple
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 24 Bakes Cheese crackers (I had room for extra calories)

Dinner

  • ceviche
  • 4 corn tortillas
  • approz 10 tortilla chips
  • 2 glasses of sangria

What I am Super-Excited About Doing for Exercise Next Week:

Recently, Erin and I discovered that we only live a few blocks away, but we've never met. Today, she invited me to come to a hula hooping exercise class next Monday with her. I can't tell you how excited I am to swirl my hips inside a big (not bog as previously written) plastic hoop. But even better, I'll get to meet Erin in person.

Total for the Day: 1947 calories, no exercise

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Hmm. I am probably not as wild about the mixed patterns of the shirt and skirt (mostly because I too wussy to try it myself). I give you big props for trying it and rockin' it. I do LOVE your accessories for the day. The earrings, necklace, bracelet, and shoes are a home run!!
PS - I am wearing my red today. I don't own much red, but today was the outfit day.

Anne said...

Your hair looks fab today!
I really like your necklace and you look very stylish but I the skirt does let the over all look down a bit.
How exciting about meeting Erin, and how amazing to live that close to each other and not know it!

Nana Erin said...

Mt first thought was actually "Oh, great pattern mixing". I'm a huge fan. I almost never do it, and I don't know why, but it's one of my favorite things to see others do. And I thought this worked.

The pictures dont make that skirt look too casual at all, is it a fabric thing?

And Yay!~ I am excited too!~

wendeeB said...

Your curves with the sweater are AMAZING. Reminds me of old hollywood movie star stuff. At first I didnt like the mixed patterns but then I noticed that you have some of the top pattern in your skirt and it was all better :) Have fun hula-ing

Kasmira said...

#1 I am so jealous that you live near Erin. I'm coming to visit.

#2 But when I get there, please don't ask me to get inside any "bog" plastic hoops....that sounds rather swampish. :)

Tina said...

Stacy - You're not as willing to take fashion risks as I am, but I've known you long enough to know that you aren't wussy.

Charlotte - thanks, I decided to go curly this week! (which of course mean high frizz risk. ha!)

Erin - the skirt is a stiff cotton - almost like a soft canvas? I'm not sure what you would call it. It wrinkles really easily too. So it's definitely going in the summer casual pile, where it will gets lots of summer use, I'm sure.

Wendee - Wow. Thank you!

Kasmira - Ha! Thanks for pointing out my typo. I'm horrible at typing, and Rand yells at me to get off the blog, so I often don't really doublecheck anything. But don't let that scare you; you should definitely come for a visit! I promise not to force you into a bog. But I can't speak for Erin...