Saturday, May 23, 2009

Attack House

I felt very mod when I put these earrings on. This pair is another item in my Rock It Challenge.

These funky earrings look like they are from the 80s. They have silvertone hoops, with a black teardrop and silvertone zig-zag drop with a white ball on the end.

Did I pick these out to wear or are they my challenge piece?

What I Wore While My House Attacked the Whole Family:


  • black silk v-neck short sleeve shirt (Nine West)
  • denim pencil skirt (Target)
  • white canvas belt (thrifted new, Goodwill)
  • polka dot wedges (Target)
  • blue birkin-style bag (thrifted, Goodwill)
  • black bead bangle (??)
  • black/white/silver earrings (borrowed from Maria)
  • black/"diamond" necklace (from Stacy's wedding)
What I Ate After Having No Way to Cook Dinner:

This bar reminded me of a blueberry newton. It was okay, but not great. And not very filling. 200 calories.

______

When I went to bed Thursday night we were pretty sure that the A/C wasn't working any more. So we turned it off and opened the windows. Friday morning I put in a maintenance request with our management company. The repair guy showed up Friday evening and determined that the entire unit needed to be replaced, but didn't think they could get it done before Tuesday since it was a holiday weekend. And while he was there he mentioned that he smelled gas and really thought we should have it checked out. So we called the gas company who came out and determined we had a gas leak and they needed to turn it off. Ugh.

So we have no A/C, no hot water, and no way to cook anything. Plus having the windows open really caused some problems. First, a window that wouldn't close all of a sudden slammed shut, with my hand in it. Rand had to come rushing in from the other room to open the window so I could get my hand out. OUCH! Then a different window slammed down on one of my cats that was sitting on the sill. Now she has a cast due to a broken toe.

It's a very long story to get to this - We didn't have an oven, so no meatloaf like we had planned. We had to order in. I ate crap. And I will be eating out most of the weekend. But I'll try to be good Sunday and Monday.

Totals for the Day: 1000 calories prior to dinner (on track until then) but a lot more after that, 6 glasses of water, no exercise

6 comments:

Lesa said...

Beautiful purse and shoes. I am so far off my wagon I don't know if I will ever catch up...lol.

Unknown said...

OMG! Hope your cat is going to be OK. And so hope the new week brings better luck. How is your hand?

Pauline Wiles said...

Wow, that's horrible when bad things happen all at once. I hope your house starts behaving itself again soon!

Nana Erin said...

You can always come shower at mine. And sit in my AC. ;D

I love this whole outfit, but my favorite bits are the wackado earrings and the polka dot wedges! So cute!

Goober said...

Good grief - that is a whole of of ickiness to deal with all at once! I hope your weekend turned around :)

Cute shoes and you look SO ADORABLE with your hair up like that!

Tina said...

Lesa - you arenever so far off the wagon that you can't get back on. If you feel the time is right - jump back on there!

Sher - Thanks. She seems okay, but she really hates her pain meds and doesn't really seem to be in pain. My hand is okay as long as I don't squeeze it. I think there is a chance I will lose the nail down the line.

Struggler - thanks!

Erin - so sweet of you to offer, esp since I know you are too busy right now to need anyone intruding. The earrings are so 80s funky, aren't they?!

Goober - thanks! The weekend was low key since Rand had an ear infection, so we didn't go anywhere. I know it sounds like we had a rough weekend, but it was actually prety relaxing.