Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today Brought to You by Goodwill

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "That's cute." hmmm. Not a lot of depth to that outfit commentary. But he did keep telling me over dinner how nice I looked, so at least I know I had his approval.

Today was rainy and dreary which means blurry pics since my blackberry doesn't do too well in dim light. Never fear: I did order a new camera finally and now I'm just waiting for it to come in. So hopefully soon there won't ever be blurry pics.

What I Wore That Matched the Weather:


  • grey skirt (W.D.N.Y., thrifted Goodwill)
  • magenta silk camisole (Old Navy?, thrifted Goodwill)
  • floral cardi (Target, thrifted new Goodwill)
  • grey stretch belt (thrifted Goodwill)
  • bracelet (Monet via Macy's)
  • necklace (?? via Ross)
  • black woven platforms (??)

What I Ate That Really Needed Basil:


  • breakfast: Fiber One Honey Clusters, blueberries, Almond Breeze
  • lunch: chicken sandwich, snap peas, carrots, cherries
  • snack: SoyJoy, string cheese
  • dinner: Penne with Sauteed Eggplant and Tomatoes, we added basil b/c it really needed a little more flavor
  • dessert: mini microwave cake

Total for the Day: 28.5 points, 5 glasses of water, no exercise

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I like how you are working that fifties silhouette, with the belted cardigan and full skirt and heels. Pretty!

Jess said...

Such a pretty cardigan! I love the splash of color from the cami.

I hate to use cliches, especially regarding gender, but it really is like pulling teeth sometimes to get men to acknowledge our sartorial efforts.

Unknown said...

you find the nicest stuff at Goodwill! I need to travel about 25 min away to go to one. I know half the fun is digging and finding "treasures"

Just love that cardi! And supper looked delish. You're making me hungry and it's not lunch time yet ;)

Diana said...

I agree with Rand on this one - it's definitely a cute outfit. I like how you've mixed patterns and textures.

laniza said...

*delurking* Your hair looks pretty! Have you done something different to it?

Stacy said...

Okay, I totally love this outfit. It has just the right amount of color pop and you look fantastic.
The skirt is my favorite part for sure!

Nana Erin said...

Oh girl, that SKIRT. It's amazing!~

the other tina said...

I have that skirt in brown!!! I never wear it because I don't know what it would look good with but you have given me some great ideas!! I almost bought that sweater. I saw it at target.com and put it in my cart and the next day, it was gone!!! :( great outfit!!! Love it!!!

eednic said...

what a cute skirt!!

Goober said...

That skirt is FABULOUS!

Cindyluvtoshop said...

You look great. Your combos every day inspire me! I've started my own blog. I'd love it if you'd check it out!
http://cindyluvtoshop.blogspot.com/

Honeybunches of Roses said...

you look amazing! love the shoes, skirt, sweater...basically everything!

Hillary said...

Wow, I can't believe you found that skirt at Goodwill. I love it! It's great with the shoes.

Tina said...

Brooke - Thanks! 50s is one of my favorite looks!

Jess - haha! Rand is pretty good about appreciating when I put forth an effort.

Sher - I am really lucky that I pass one on my way home from work and I have at least 4 more within 15 miles of me.

Diana - thanks!

laniza - thanks! My hair is mostly just really frizzy here. I curled it with a curling iron this morning and then stuck a headband in the middle, but it was rainy and my hair got flat and frizzy.

Stacy - thanks! It was fun to wear the skirt for sure!

Erin - Thanks!

Other Tina - brown sounds pretty! Clearly you and I have similar taste in clothes!

eednic - thanks!

Heather - thanks!

Cindy - thanks! That's great to hear. I'll check out your blog as soon as I am in back in town.

Honeybunches - awww. thanks!

Hillary - I know! I was shocked too.