Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Model Pose

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: Contrary to his prior statement about this skirt, he said "You look good, Baby. Not as sexy as yesterday, but I still like it."

The original Neiman Marcus is only a block from my office and they update the window display on a regular basis. After seeing this new one, I decided that clearly I needed to emulate this oh so realistic pose. Ha.

What I Wore While Looking Like a Neiman Marcus Mannequin:



  • pink skirt (Goodwill)
  • multi colored blouse (via Kohls)
  • pink belt (Walmart)
  • pink heels (Nine West)
  • miniture rose necklace (vintage store in NYC)
  • yellow and brown bead hoops (Goodwill)

What I Ate While Watching The Prophecy:


  • breakfast: flax granola, blueberries, greek yogurt, Wonder peanute butter
  • lunch: corned beef Buddig sandwich, carrot, snow peas, cantaloupe
  • snack: apple, cheese stick, CLiff Z
  • dinner: veggie pizza
  • dessert: WW english toffee crunch

Weekly Weigh In:

2.6 pounds lost! yay!!

Total for the Day: 28.5 points, 1 mile walking, 2.6 pounds lost

13 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

LMAO, but really, you look amazing, the color pallet is to die for and I so want that skirt and jacket and shoes...

LaShaune said...

Congrats on the loss!! That pose is hilarious...but wait...are you smiling with your eyes? yes, I watch way too much America's Next Top Model.

eednic said...

ahahhahhaa! I love this picture! fabulous!

Kimberly said...

Great top and love it paired with the pink skirt!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on your loss! May those pounds never come back.

I love your pose - that's hilarious.

Jess said...

I stand like this every morning while I'm waiting for my teapot to come to a boil- I don't quite understand what your implying!

Heehehehehee!

Congrats on the big loss!

Lovely top :)

hillary said...

wait this ISN'T as sexy? I think this has a killer carrie bradshaw feel to it. LOVE.

Brooke said...

Love the posing! I totally giggled out loud. :)

Unknown said...

LMAO! How can those models and mannequins make it look so natural LOL! Love that color palette on you! So delicate and pretty :)

Joanna said...

Tyra would call your expression "fierce", rock it! And is it me, or does the mannequin looked oddly endowed in the skirt area? How is that supposed to be attractive on a woman?

Londyn said...

I love your blog - you crack me up! At first glance of your pic -- I was thinking "What is she doing??" and then I spotted the mannequin behind you! Why do mannequins always have such unnatural poses!?!? LOL!

Tina said...

Honeybunches - I can't help you with the other stuff, but Nine West has the almost exact shoe for sale still on 6pm http://www.6pm.com/product/7250852/color/53574

LeShaune - I'll have you know that I am creating my own wind! ha!

eednic - thanks!

Kimberly - thanks!

Sheila - I hope so. I really don't want to yo-yo.

Jess - you seriously made me laugh out loud. That's how Rand stands in the mornings too. He looks so pathetic until he gets his coffee.

hillary - thanks! Well since he hates this skirt, I'll take any compliment I get.

Brooke - thanks! I was giggling too.

Sher - thanks!

Joanna - I think she is hiding a queso baby under there (like me!).

Londyn - Seriously, and the Neiman Marcus ones are the worst.

Diana said...

I love that picture! Some mannequins have the most ridiculous poses.