Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Slip of the Slip

I threw on a slip under my outfit today b/c the shirt is sheer and the skirt is unlined. Man, was that a mistake! I should have just worn a tank under the skirt like I usually do. Every time I sat down my slip stuck out from the bottom os my skirt. I look like an idiot for most of the day. Oh well.

What I Wore While Cursing At My Slip:

2009-10-08 combo

  • plaid skirt (Newport News)
  • polka dot shirt (Target)
  • pink belt (Walmart)
  • black patent heels (Payless)
  • pink bead earrings (gift)
  • pink floral brooch (Target)
What I Ate While Watching Hulu:


2009-10-08 food

  • breakfast: the cheesy egg returns!, cuties, bagel
  • lunch: chicken sandwich, snap peas, cuties
  • snack: Clif Z bar, cheese stick, more cuties
  • dinner: barbacoa burrito (Chipotle)

9 comments:

Kari said...

Well, you look great here! I love the patterned floral pin against the polka dot shirt. They look like they were meant to work together and I never would have thought of pairning them. I might take a look at Target if they have such great accessories now!

ShopKim said...

The pink accents with this outfit are perfect!

Sher said...

Always love your accents!

The Thrifty Stylist said...

haha, you call clementines cuties? "cute" :) love the brooch pattern on the polka dot pattern and the pink belt!

Sarah said...

I LOVE string cheese too!

Honeybunches of Roses said...

sorry about the whole slip situation, I'm sort of looking for a slip that does come out on purpose to give my skirts an extra umff.

Either way you look very nice :)

Joanna said...

That is the sole reason I buy lace trimmed slips! If it slides out, at least it can be passed off as intentional accessorizing!

Tina said...

Kari - thanks! And Target really does have some great accessories these days. I hope you find something you love!

ShopKim - thanks! I used to hate pink, but I've finally come to terms with the fact that it is a flattering color on me.

Sher - thanks!

Sarah - string cheese rules the world! Or my snacktime, anyway.

Honeybunches - I know what you are talking about and that kind of look would have been great. But no, I looked like a schlump who didn't know that she had 2 inches of slip hanging out of one spot of her skirt. LOL

Joanna - I wish! That would have worked with some other slips I have, but sadly not the one I was wearing.

Tina said...

Thrifty - oops. Accidently missed replying to your comment. I call them cuties, b/c the brand of clementines that I like to buy are called cuties. Kind of like calling a banana "a chiquita"