Thursday, November 5, 2009

Burberry Goodness!!

On my home from work yesterday, I stopped off at Goodwill. After I looked at everything for me, I wandered over to the men's coat section to see if they had any raincoats for Rand. Lo and behold there was a men's Burberry trench coat!! In my size!!!

My first instict was to keep it, but since it doesn't have a belt, it's not the most flattering to my figure. So I might decide to sell it. I was shocked when I looked it up on their website. A new one costs $1300. Yikes!

What I Wore Underneath Burberry:

2009-11-05 combo

  • black/green/blue bubble dress (Goodwill)
  • black cowlneck sleeveless sweater (Lane Bryant)
  • black flats (Simply Vera by Vera Wang via Kohls)
  • skinny black belt (Target)
  • blue earrings (street vendor in Austin)
  • blue necklace (birthday gift from future sister-in-law)*
* She knows that I love fashion and that I love used items even better than new, so she bought me this and a bunch of other stuff from a local consignment shop. Yay!! She's so awesome.)

What I Ate After Rand Forgot to Defrost the Pork Chops:


2009-11-05 food

  • breakfast: cheesy eggs, 2 cuties, onion alternative bagel
  • lunch: grilled chicken wrap, snow peas, apple, carrot
  • snack: Gen Soy bar, yoplait yogurt, banana
  • dinner: red beans and rice with sausage, side salad
  • dessert: ice cream stick
Exercise:

40 pushups

Total for the Day: 3 glasses of water, 40 pushups, 30.5 points

15 comments:

K said...

I love this dress and top combo! I can't believe you found a Burberry coat at Goodwill. Couldn't you just add your own belt or make one to add to it? It would be a shame to give up such a great coat!

Sheila said...

What a score on a Burberry! You could belt it over the coat? A bigass black one or even a red one would look great, especially wider than 2".

Your food for the day looks awesome! 40 pushups? Get out! Go Tina, go!

Kelly said...

WOAH score!

hillary said...

Put your own belt on it! Buy a cheap coat and take the belt off. NO WAY should you get rid of it.

Goober said...

Wowza - what a find! I agree - just add your own belt.

Askew To You said...

I saw a post on a style blog the other day where a woman used her own belt in place of the belt that went with her coat. It looked very cute. I can't remember where I read that... You have a great belt collection. Maybe you could give that a try?

Tori said...

You should check with an alterations shop. They might be able to take some fabric off the bottom to make you a matching belt and give it a little feminine flare!

The other tina said...

you HAVE to keep that!!! WHy would anyone give up that coat? I bet it was a mistake. My boyfriend once accidently took some of my stuff (that he thought I had set aside for Goodwill) only it wasn't! I wanted to kill him. I don't know what I would do if he took my Burberry coat in!

R said...

Keep it, Tina! It's a classic and all you need is to wear your own belts or buy a very cheap coat the same color and use the belt.

Don't sell!

Crabby McSlacker said...

What a find on that coat!

And the outfit and food pics are awesome.

Kari said...

Wow, that is a HUGE score! If you do decide to keep it, what if you used one of your many fabulous belts over the coat? Maybe that's a silly idea, but I keep picturing a red or purple or brown color looking really lovely.

Brooke said...

I love the sleeveless sweater over that dress. So creative and flattering! :)

I agree with everyone else - try one of your own belts over the coat before you sell it!

[smash] said...

Hi Tina, I'm Ashley, a fellow Dallasite. Another blogger gave me your link and I'm loving your website. I like the clothing/food/exercise/weightloss combo. Keep up the good work! XO

BAM said...

I'm with the others...keep it! You'll think of a belt combo to make it flattering.

The blue necklace is a great color on you!
-b-

Tina said...

Wow, the crowd has spoken. I can't believe a single one of you didn't say that I should try to make some cash on it. Fashion over money, I guess. :)

ShopKim - thanks!

Sheila - yeah, so far 40 pushups seems to be managable without making me have jelly arms the next day. Maybe I'll go for 50 soon. But honestly, I do it when I go to the bathroom, and I don't pee that much at work.

The Other Tina - OH NO! Did you go buy any of it back?

Crabby - thanks! I wish I had more workout pics to post, but I'm not nearly as dedicated as you.

Brooke - thanks!

Ashley - welcome to the blog! I'm so glad that you said hello! Checking out your blog now... :)

BAM - thanks! My future sis-in-law has great taste!