Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am a Volunteer Attorney

Today I had a meeting with my mentor attorney to discuss a pro bono case I took on a couple of months ago. I used to do a lot of pro bono work, but it's been a few years. It's good to be back to it. It's good to help people out and I get to learn how to do cases that I would not normally encounter in my day to day legal career. So it's a win-win situation.

What I Wore To Legal Aid of North Texas:

2009-11-04 combo

  • skirt (Merona, swap!!)
  • orange T with floral cutouts (Jeremy Spencer via Marshalls)
  • plaid tweed jacket (Target)
  • brown flats (Old Navy)
  • orange earrings (?? via Ross?)
  • stretch belt (Dots)
  • new hair color (Herbal Essences Spiced Tea) *
* My hair is so dark that I don't ever get red hair, I just get a nice auburn sheen to it.

What I Ate Before Buying 5 lbs of Carrots:

2009-11-04 food

  • breakfast: cheesy egg, 3 cuties, alternative bagel
  • lunch: chicken and avocado sandwich, honeycrisp apple, yoplait *
  • snack: Gen Soy bar, lite cheese stick, small banana
  • dinner: 4 oz grilled chicken, corn on the cob, side salad
  • dessert: WW ice cream bar
* No lunch-time veggies today b/c I forgot to go to the store on my way to work. Otherwise I would have had carrots. I picked up a 5 lb bag on the way home, so I am set for the rest of the week.

Exercise:

40 incline pushups, various leg lifts

Total for the Day: 29 points, 30 pushups, 5 glasses of water

6 comments:

Aradia said...

love the belt!

Sheila said...

Your hair is such a lovely colour! I dye my hair myself as well.

Woo, that's a lot of carrots!

eednic said...

yay for legal aid! and look at that corn on the cob on your plate. i'm drooling over that right now.

Nana Erin said...

This is a great look on you. Love the hair!~

Goober said...

Love the belt and your hair - so pretty. That's so great you're doing pro bono work!

Tina said...

Aradia - thanks!

Sheila - I wondered if you colored your hair. I wish mine could be as vibrant a red as yours is, but I have to bleach it first if I want to do that. And that trashes my hair.

LOL I will be eating those carrots for weeks.

Cindee - yeah, Legal Aid is a good thing. Sometimes I wish I could help more people.

Erin - thanks!

Heather - thanks! It's nice to have time to do pro bono. Not everyone has the time.