Friday, November 13, 2009

Finally Fall

Well I think it is finally Fall in Dallas, but don't quote me on that. I did some more house hunting today and there were so many leaves down in all the yards. It was so pretty. One house had a pecan tree in the backyard and there were pecans everywhere. It's an unoccupied house, so I took a handful home with me.

What I Wore While Harvesting Fallen Pecans:

2009-11-13 combo

  • black cotton dress (Gap)
  • jean jacket (so very very old)
  • shoes (Sketchers)
  • graffiti belt (via Kohls)
  • earrings (Payless)

4 comments:

Kari said...

What a neat idea! Are they safe to eat? I love pecans.

Your belt and denim jacket just make the outfit extra-special. I love how well the jacket shows off your silhouette.

Deborah-lee said...

That is a wonderful outfit. The jean jacket really goes well with that dress. Casual chic! And the belt gave me a giggle, it is absolutely fabulous but I laughed at the grafitti swearing on it!! hee hee

Lesa said...

Super cute belt, missing those fall leaves!

Tina said...

Kari - yep. Pecans on the ground are how you harvest them. If they are still on the tree, then they aren't fully ripened.

Deborah-lee - yeah the belt is a little tacky with the fake swearing on it, but it adds a bit of whimsy which is good.

Lesa - I know! We never get falling leaves here in Dallas, but we had a cold snap finally and everything fell off all the trees at once. I think it's lovely. Too bad they are all brown instead of yellows, reds, and oranges.