Friday, November 13, 2009

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day!!! I don't know about you, but all 3 of my grandfathers were WWII vets: two in the army and one in the marines. My dad was a marine during Vietnam, and my mom and stepfather were both in the Navy during the first Gulf War. So Veteran's Day means a lot to me. I was really bummed out when I got to work and realized that I forgot to wear my veteran's pin that my grandfather gave me.

What I Wore While Watching a Parade:

2009-11-11 combo

  • black dress (Gap)
  • striped vest (Lane Bryant outlet)
  • black flats (Simply Vera via Kohls)
  • faux pearl necklaces (4 various strands from a variety of sources)
  • faux pearl bracelet (Goodwill)
  • faux pearl earrings (I don't remember)
  • white/silver braided belt (Goodwill)
  • silver brooch, holding vest cinched in the back (via Ross)

What I Ate That Other People Provided:

2009-11-11 food

A coworker had some extra fruit this morning, so I ate that for breakfast. Then my employers brought in lunch. They had said they were going to bring in sandwiches and salad froma certain bakery, so I planned accordingly. Then they actually brought in pizza and pasta. I overate. sigh.

Exercies:

40 pushups

Bonus Video:

In case you didn't get to see your own parade, here is a little snippet of the one that went through downtown Dallas. We stood on the curb outside our building and watched part of it. But it was so long that we had to go back to work before the end. I think it lasted over an hour.


No comments: