Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Internet Access Again!

I've been making a conscious effort lately to try to add some patterns back into my wardrobe ever since I noticed a serious lack of it. Mostly my pattern is only found in skirts and dresses but not in my tops. So my mission was a patterned cardi and some patterned blouses. I have been eyeballing this Lane Bryant cardigan since I saw Kimberly wearing it. That was until Rand reminded me that I was not allowed to buy any new clothes. I just spent a month thinning out my wardrobe so it would fit into my new closet. Darn, he was right. Was that going to stop me? Probably not, but it would at least delay me until I got settled into my new closet.

But then Lane Bryant contacted me because they noticed how many of my outfits have Lane Bryant items. They offered me a giftcard to check out their new clothes. Well, golly. I can't turn that down, right? I HAD to buy this cardigan. Yay! Oh man, it feels so good on. My only complaint is that it's too long. Why are all the sweaters and T-shirts right now so long? I like my tops about 2-3 inches shorter.

(shhh...don't tell Rand, but I actually bought this cardigan too. What? I need more pattern in my clothing. Seriously. It's a need. Don't judge me.)

What I Wore That Was Patterned and Free:

2009-12-14 combo

  • purple skirt (Lane Bryant)
  • cream shell (Target)
  • patterned cardi (Lane Bryant)
  • gold T-strap heels (Santana via DSW)
  • green earrings (can't remember)
  • green necklace (can't remember)
What I Ate That Actually Involved Cooking:

2009-12-14 food

  • breakfast: Stonyfield blueberry yogurt, cuties, alternative bagel
  • lunch: sunchips, apple, buddig sandwich, mixed frozen veggies, hot tea
  • snack: cuties, string cheese, baby carrots
  • dinner: tofu shiraki noodles, edamame, broccoli, onions, laughing cow cheese, Quorn "chicken" patty

Exercise:

I tried to find a place for the treadmill, but there are still too many boxes. I'm hoping that by this weekend, I'll have space for it.

Total for the Day: 21.5 points (oops. That is way too low.), no exercise (also way too low. ha!)

___________________________

Lane Bryant provided me with a $50 gift certificate to check out their winter clothes. Honestly, I shop there all the time anyway, so this didn't influence me at all. I mean, I have a Lane Bryant store credit card, for Pete's sake! I love their stuff. If you have any questions about giveaways or reviews of products on this website, please read this post and feel free to leave a comment there. I read and reply to all comments.

7 comments:

Honeybunches of Roses said...

yea! for pattern!! I feel like I need more pattern too, but on skirts or bottoms. you look very nice, and that cardi looks fab!

Kimberly said...

Love the cardi!! I bought mine with the gift card LB gave me too. My mom seldom wants clothing like mine but she is drooling over the cardi too. I may just have to get it for her and we can plan who can wear theirs on what day if we have something planned together.
:-)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

the patterns are awesome! Great that your adding it back in!! I love this combo on you! STUNNING!! :)

Anonymous said...

what do you think of the shirataki noodles. i never know how to properly prepare them and they seem to taste off. any tips or brand name??

Anonymous said...

You look very good in your cardi and skirt. And I find very interesting the way you photograph what you eat :)

Brooke said...

Love the cardigan! Very pretty.

Tina said...

Honeybunches - well see, we just need to share a wardrobe b/c I've got you covered in patterned skirts.

Kimberly - It really is a great cardi, and it looks so good on you. I think that your mom should get it too adn then we should all wear it on the same day. LOL

Bargainista - awww. Thanks!

Anon - I rinse the noodles really well, microwave them, and then pat them dry. It's a pain, I am not going to lie. But for that few calories, it is worth it to me. They never really taste like pasta though. I buy House Foods brand. http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

nurmisur - LOL. Yeah, you should see the looks I got at work when I started doing it. Everyone was very confused about why I was taking a pic of my lunch.

Brooke - thanks! I can't wait to try out the other new cardi too.