Monday, December 21, 2009

Red & Penguins

At work, a few of us all decided that we needed to wear red today, green on Tuesday, and then red and green on Wednesday. Just to get into the holiday spirit. Well, two of us showed up in almost identical outfits (red V-neck thin sweater and grey pants). Plus when I was at lunch, I counted at least 5 other women wearing the same thing. It was the outfit du jour, I guess.

No Christmas season is complete without the requisite Christmas socks, so today I put some on under by boots. Penguins! Uh oh. I had a flamingo brooch on too. Does that make me a crazy bird lady?

What I Wore That Hid My Penguin Socks:

2009-12-21 combo


  • plaid slacks (Newport News)
  • red sweater (Newport News)
  • black low boots (Diba via DSW)
  • flamingo pin (via Goodwill)
  • red patent belt (Target)
  • pearl necklace (via Goodwill)
  • diamond necklace (Xmas present)*

* It was my grandmother's engagement ring that she had converted into a necklace. My mom inherited it, and then passed it along to me this year.

And here you have my outerwear today. I call this my Paddington Bear jacket, b/c I think the shape is the same.

6 comments:

Kari said...

I love your pants! The pattern reminds me of trousers I got from Club Monaco in the spring. What are these slacks made from?

Great idea to convert a relative's engagement ring into a necklace. That's a special way to make use of a precious heirloom and make it wearable for you.

Sheila said...

Guilty of owning sparkly reindeer socks, haha!

I think I would have gone with a grey or black belt (the reds seem to clash a bit), but otherwise I love this outfit!

Paddington's jacket had frog fasteners, but close enough. :)

Brooke said...

Hah, penguin socks are awesome.

You look so hourglassy in this outfit! :)

Kasmira said...

Wow, I did not know there was such a thing as "crazy bird lady." But, if you can't be a "crazy cat lady," I guess it's the next best thing! (So says the crazy cat lady.)

Nana Erin said...

AHHHHHHHHH!~ That pin is awesometastic!~

Tina said...

Kari - Thanks! They are thin cotton material. I wish that they were thicker and wool since it's winter, but they are great for the hot summers here.

Sheila - You've got to rock the socks this time of year! :) Yeah the reds really don't match in this photo, but they did in real life. Or I thought they did anyway.

Brooke - thanks! I'm the same shape from the side too. Oops!

Kasmira - Well Rand thinks I am a crazy cat lady, but I have to admit that I made up crazy bird lady. But I bet there are some ou t there.

Erin - Thanks! I love the sparkles.