Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Snowstorm Cometh



We got another snow storm in Dallas today. One per year is a lot; two is just insane. I loved it. Rand and I went to the grocery store as I promised yesterday, and as we were walking in to the store he said...

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "You look like a Yugoslavian peasant with that scarf wrapped around your head." He had nothing to say about my actual outfit. LOL







What I Wore Under My Peasant Garb:

2009-12-29 combo

  • brown slacks (Lane Bryant)
  • brown long sleeve T (Old Navy)
  • magenta short sleeve blouse (Old Navy)
  • multi colored cardi (Lane Bryant)
  • teal belt (Nine West via TJ Maxx)
  • brown boots (Cloudwalkers via Avenue)
  • teal earrings (Target)
What I Ate When Rand Cooked Dinner:

Okay this still isn't a healthy meal, but we bought grocery and cooked at home, AND I took a picture which are all great steps towards me getting back on track. And...drumroll...Rand cooked this for us while I....

What I Did While Rand Cooked Dinner:

Ankle mended. Treadmill in place and plugged in. Workout room set up. I am ready to get back to it!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Good for you for getting right back on the ball with exercise!

I love the beautiful colors in your blouse (and elsewhere in your outfit.)

Anonymous said...

I like your colorful blouse!

Apples, I feel like I've become an apple connoisseur these past few months with my weight loss journey.

Good work on setting up your exercise equipment and using it! I loaded my ipod with new tunes and got back to the gym on Sat.

Brooke said...

Love the outfit! Beautiful color in that cardi.

Also, HA to Rand's DOA. I can say from experience that Soviet peasants do wear headscarves that way, so he's right on!

Sheila said...

That's awesome that Rand cooked! I don't let L near the kitchen - we'd be eating cereal every night, ha!

Yay for exercise! You go, girlfriend!

Tina said...

Kari - thanks! Let' hope the exercise sticks.

Autumn Rose - "apple connoisseur" ha! I feel ya. I am personally very fond of fujis and honeycrisp, and eat galas regularly since they are easy to come by, but you won't see me anywhere near a red deliscious. Yuck.

Brooke - I'll tell Rand that he's right. And certainly you would know!

Sheila - Rand has really blossomed as a cook over the last couple of years. It really makes me smile when he cooks by himself. It's so sweet.