Thursday, February 4, 2010

Purple Week Day #9

The battery in my camera has died. No big deal, right? Just plug it in and charge it. Hmmm. I haven't had to use it since we moved and I cannot find it anywhere. I've looked in all the likely places, so it's probably somewhere really random like the bottom of a purse I used a few months ago. But since I use my camera every day, I can't wait to stumble upon it. So I bought another one on Amazon. Until it arrives, you'll have to suffer through dark, blurry photos taken with my blackberry. Even though I messed with the color in GIMP, I still couldn't take all the excess yellow out of the pic. Look at those Big Bird colored legs!

What I Wore While The Camera Made Me Look Jaundiced:

2010-02-02 combo

  • lavendar tweed skirt (Lane Bryant)
  • red tank (CAbi via Goodwill)
  • purple plaid wrap blouse (The Limited)
  • magenta heels
  • silver ring necklace (Macys)
  • silver ring earrings (?)
  • silver brooch, worn at belt (via Goodwill)
What I Ate Going Out To Thai Lotus:

2010-02-02 food

  • breakfast: cheesy egg, alternative bagel, pear, Diet DP
  • lunch: sugar snap peas, apple, cheese stick, salmon burger
  • snack: graham crackers (Jason's Deli)
  • dinner: vegetable pad thai
What I Did That Should NOT Count As Exercise:

2010-02-02 exercise

Fitness Essentials Bellydancing for Abs

LeShaun very generously gave me this workout DVD a few months ago, but this is the first time I had the opportunity to try it out. Sadly, I won't be using it again. It was pretty lame. I thought it was pretty clear that the instructor had no background in belly dance at all. She looked awkward, and did not explain the moves well at all. Also, the music has no connection to anything she was doing nor did it fit the style of the workout. If I had to guess, I would say that the video was filmed sans music and then this other music was dubbed in later. It was very odd.

I did not even work up a mild sweat.

5 comments:

LaShaune said...

So sorry I sent you that sucky vid. :( I knew there was a reason why I didn't even remember I had it.

K said...

I love the checked shirt. So cute! Im sending you battery-charger-finding vibes! :)

Terri said...

Love love love the outfit today. That top looks fab on you!

I bought the "Cruch" series of dance exercise DVDs: latin rythms, cardio dance blast, and hip-hop, which I really like and gives a great workout. I also bought a bollywood DVD, but the moves are really complicated and hard to replicate, at least for me. They're all on Amazon.com, for less than $20 each. Also, if you have a wii, Just Dance is quite the workout as well!

Tina said...

LeShaune - I cannot tell you how much I appreciated that you sent those DVDs to me. Even a bad one is a nice change of pace from the same 7 DVD that I have.

K - thanks! I gave up and ordered a new battery charger. Can you send me some "get here faster" vibes?

Didi - Thanks for the advice! I actually was in Sports Athority the other day after I read your comment. And they had a Wii section of workout games, so I looked for it. But they didn't have it, so I'll look for it next time I am at Best Buy. Thanks!

Milly said...

i came close to buying this work out video..Thanks i shall pass it up