Monday, January 24, 2011

Calling All Lawyers


If you've been following my blog for very long, you no doubt have picked up on the fact that I am a lawyer in The Real World. Recently I have noticed that there are more lawyer/fashion bloggers and I would really love to connect with everyone. I think that we face some pretty significant style limitations in order to function within the fairly conservative environment of law firms, courtrooms, etc.

If you are a lawyer and a fashion blogger, I really want to follow your blog. Please leave a comment so I know who you are, where you live, what kind of law you practive (or want to practice if you're coming out of lawschool into this crappy legal market). If you know a lawyer/fashion blogger, please out them! :) And if you are not a blogger yourself, but are a lawyer that follows my blog, please say hi too.

Here are the bloggers that I know are lawyers (but you should still say hi!):
* Sadly, I don't think Heather has been blogging in a while.

And to get things started, here is a little about me**:

My name is Tina. I am 36, married, and living in Dallas. I've been a lawyer since 2005 (prior to that I was a stock analyst and prior to that I was in the film industry as a set dressor.) I used to practive toxic tort litigation for a large plaintiffs' firm, but I was laid off in 2007. Since then I've been doing large corporate litigation on contract projects or as special counsel to various firms. I've always loved fashion and I find it interesting to see how far I can push the conservative clothing culture at my current firm. I find a nice black suit very empowering but ultimately rather boring.

** I tried to find my cheesy firm website photo, but it's been so long since I was there that I don't show up in Google anymore. Trust me, it was law firmtastic.

So tell me about you...

No comments: