Friday, January 14, 2011

Friend Friday: Figuring Out What To Wear


1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?

I usually start with one item that I haven’t worn in a while, or is new, or I just want to wear and then I build around it by holding up other items next to it. I keep everything on one or two hangers and actually build the entire outfit (even hanging necklaces around the “neck” of the hanger, etc).

2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
If I am being organized, I go through my closet of Sunday sometime and pull together outfits for at least 4 work days. I only do 4 b/c I don’t generally do as much planning for casual Friday. And, sometimes I get a wild hair to wear something not planned out and then I just have a poor leftover outfit hanging on the closet door. It looks sad and makes me feel guilty b/c I know it is just hanging there, wondering why all the other outfits got chosen but it’s still stuck there alone. I can’t handle that.

3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat?

Nope. I generally try not to wear the exact same thing and I’ve got a pretty good memory for that. But the reality is my blog is supposed to document my style, not dictate it, so if I feel like repeating an outfit, I will. And I will still post it. That’s just the reality of my fashion life.

4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet?

Rand does the laundry and sometimes I find great combos just from how he has hung things back in the closet. He’s my inspiration elf! And of course, I look at my closet and see what items I have that are similar to outfits that other bloggers have inspired me with. Blogger love!

5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?

I don’t think it could possible get any faster. I shower, etc the night before and pick out my clothing in advance, so I can actually be up, dressed, and out the door in 10 minutes if I need to be.

No comments: