Monday, June 20, 2011

Full Figured Fashion Week: Day 1

I think it's really important to be comfortable but still look cute when traveling. I find that I am treated much better by airport and airline staff, cab drivers, etc when I am not cruising around in sweat pants. Plus - many years ago I learned that airlines won't bump you up to first class if you're dressed inappropriately. But that doesn't mean I can't be comfy. My favorite traveling attire is a A-line dress and flats - preferably ones that I can just slip off at security. So as I headed to NYC for Full Figured Fashion Week I picked up this super fun and comfortable skull print dress. And since I knew I was going to be meeting Kimberly of Fab Finds Under $50 in the airport, I decided to be extra cute by wearing some new sandals and jewelry.

My reasoning for always wearing shoes I can slip on and off really hit home this time because security took so long that by the time I finally made it through, my plane had already boarded. So I did not have the time to sit down and put my sandals back on. Yep, I was one of those people running through the airport with their shoes in the hands. LOL But I made the flight so that's okay.

What I Wore While Traveling To NYC:

2011-06-15 combo1

After taking getting to our hotel (gorgeous!) we had just long enough to do a little bit of unpacking and grab a quick sandwich before we headed off to the first event of the week: the media and buyers reception. The reception was on a rooftop bar with great views of the city. It was amazingly hot on the rooftop, so I was so glad that everything I was wearing was cotton - natural fibers breath so much better than synthetic. Sadly, it was also so cram packed with people that it was really hard to find a place to get photos. So on our walk back to the hotel, Kimberly and I walked through the garment district for some photos ops. Oh, and we might have hit up a $2.99 jewelry store. Score!

What I Wore To The Media and Buyers Reception:

2011-06-16 night combo
_______________________________
Thank you to Torrid, Simpy Be, eShakti, and Charming Charlie for dressing me for these events.

No comments: