Monday, June 27, 2011

Work Wear: Thrifted Skirt

Time for another gas station photo! Such an exciting photo location, I know, but I was running really late to work so I decided to combine tasks in an effort to save myself 3 minutes.

What I Wore At The Gas Station:

2011-05-24 combo

  • skirt (via Goodwill, appears hand-made)
  • blouse (Lane Bryant)
  • belt (came on a dress)
  • shoes (Chinese Laundry?)
  • earrings (via Goodwill)
  • necklace (via Macy's)
  • watch (Tikkr)
What I Ate While Actually Tracking Points:

I was really inspired by Kimberly's (of Fab Finds Under $50) weight loss. Despite having almost no time to have a healthy meal while we were in NYC together for Full Figured Fashion Week, she continued her steady weight loss. If you've been reading my blog since they beginning, you may remember that this was originally supposed to be a venue for me to keep ontrack with healthy eating and weight loss. The fashion was originally intended to be a side item, but over the years has become the main focus. I am okay with that. I really enjoy the fashion more than the food aspect anyway. BUT, I don't like that I've really slacked off in the healthy eating department. I met Rand and fell in love and gained 20 pounds.  So then I started this blog two years ago. I did pretty well for awhile and I lost 10-15 pounds. Then I got married and gained that all back. And then I got a new job where I am constantly surrounded by free food (I have free-food-itis) and I stopped biking and I gained yet another 20 pounds. Yep, I weigh 20 pounds more than I did when I started this blog with the intention to lose weight. Mildly ironic, I think. I've made some half-hearted attempts to get back on track and it stopped the weight gain but didn't really push me in the other direction. 

So I am calling myself out. 
  • I WILL rejoin Weight Watchers (I actually did this already)
  • I WILL plan my meals for the week in advance.
  • I WILL track my points every day, even on "bad" days.
  • I WILL make my splurge days fit into my weekly points, instead of having a free-for-all one day every week.
  • I WILL photograph all my food, even when I am eating something unhealthy.
  • I WILL not "start over next week" when I get offtrack. Instead I will pick up where I am and try to make healthier choices right now.
  • I WILL not kick myself if I eat something I shouldn't. I am stubborn and contrary by nature, so telling me I can't have/do/eat something is sure to make me do it immediately, so I won't trigger that by making this a "only healthy all the time, must be 100% perfect" endeavor. That won't work for me.
So, wish me luck as I step back on the scale. And without further ado, here is my first food post in ages that actually lists the points of what I am eating.


2011-06-20 food
  • breakfast: breakfast sandwich, 3 cuties, V8
  • lunch: pastrami sandwich, carrots, grape tomatoes, orange
  • snack: cheese stick, mango, Clif bar
  • dinner: apple chicken sausage, green beans, WW pasta salad (meh on the pasta salad), white wine
  • dessert: Skinny Cow vanilla caramel ice cream cone

No comments: