Sunday, August 28, 2011

Product Review: The Body Shop Rainforest Radience Hair Butter

The Body Shop recently contacted me to see if I wanted to review the upcoming line of makeup and beauty products. I don't claim to be an expert in makeup so I passed on that, but one thing in their new line really caught my eye - Rainforest Radiance Hair Butter. I have really dry hair, and I am always looking ways to add shine, so I said I would love to review that one product.

006

My package arrived on Saturday while we had company over so we all decided that it would be fun if everyone tried the hair mask. We set down our margaritas, trooped over to the kitchen sink where everyone dampened their hair, then one by one we applied the hair butter before picking our margaritas back up and going back to our Scrabble game.

Rand rinsed his hair out first. After his hair was dry, we all proclaimed it to be nice and soft. I left mine in longer for a little deeper conditioning and headed to the shower to wash it out about an hour later. When my hair dried a few hours later, it was sticky and gross, so I assumed I hadn't gotten it thoroughly rinsed out. So the next morning I took a proper shower and washed my hair, even though the directions said I only needed to rinse it. As I sit here now, my hair is still sticky and gross feeling. It's really hard to get a brush through my hair and all my natural shine is gone.

The third participant in our hair butter experiment had one too many margaritas and went to sleep with the mask in her hair. She also gives it a thumbs down, but since I doubt the product was meant to be left in for 12 hours, I don't know if we should count her review. Even discounting her assessment, I will be passing on the Rainforest Radiance Hair Butter from The Body Shop when it shows up in their stores. The Body Shop has some amazing products, but unfortunately this particular product did not work for me. I will however be buying more Satsuma Body Butter the next time I am in the store. Gah, I love how that stuff smells. I just want to eat it!

Do you use any deep conditioning products in your hair?
________________________________
 I want to say thank you very much to The Body Shop for providing me with this product for review before it even came out in stores. The Body Shop contacted me to write this review and provided me with the hair butter free of charge. I did not receive any additional compensation. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments: