Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just Browsing: Extra Wide Fitting Boots

Over the weekend, the temperatures dropped to a balmy 80 here in Dallas, so of course my thoughts have turned to Fall. Can you tell that I am ready for cooler weather?? Go away 100 degrees. Bring me 50s, 60s, and 70s so I can break out my Fall wardrobe. My two favorite things to wear in the Fall and Winter are tights and boots. I especially love to wear boots with skirts and over jeans. I can't wait!

Unfortunately, I have a very hard time finding ones that fit because I need extra wide fitting boots to fit over my huge calves, especially if I want to tuck jeans into them. I've learned that for me, ones labeled "wide" are never going to be wide enough so I always go for "extra wide." I've returned many a pair of boots in my day, but when I find ones that fit in a style I like, I buy an assortment of colors!

Luckily so many more stores are offering wide boots these days. Here are some wide boots that have caught my eye lately:

   
  • Lotus Wide Fitting Fur Trim Boots (WideFitting.co.uk)
  • The Shoe Tailor Stitch Detail Boot (WideFitting.co.uk) *
  • Kara Black Lace-Up Heel Boot (Torrid)
* I have two pairs of cowboy boots that I bought in the 90s when everyone was wearing them on 90210. Plus, ya know, I live in Texas, so really I'm required to own cowboy boots. Sadly, neither pair fit me anymore and I am desperate to find a pair that I like that fits. 

  

  • Lulu Cognac Knee-High Boot (Torrid)
  • Darci Tall Buckle Slouch Boot (Avenue)
  • Sarah Tall Riding Boot (Avenue)

  

  • Tall ankle belt heeled boot (Lane Bryant)
  • Flexisole® Fashion Boots (Fashion Bug)
  • Viva La Diva Hi Leg Stretch Boots (Simply Be)

How many boots do you have in your closet? 

I currently have 5 pairs. I think. Maybe I have 6? Clearly they are still in storage or I would know. LOL.

_______________
This post brought to you in partnership with WideFitting.co.uk

No comments: