Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekend Wear: Cowboys & Crocs

I have a pair of Crocs flip-flops that I wear whenever I know I'm going to have to do a lot of walking, like at the state fair or at Ikea. They're not stylish at all, but they are so very very comfortable. So when I was given the opportunity to try out a new line of shoes from Crocs, I jumped at the chance. They are now making cute flats, boots, and tennis shoes.


I picked out a pair of white tennis shoes - the Hover Lace Ups. These are basic canvas, lace-up sneakers but with a hidden, special touch. The soles are made from Crocslite, which is that cushioning material that Crocs is known for.

My first thoughts were that they were very difficult to get on because the back of the shoe wouldn't stay up while I put my foot in. But they are super cute! And I have that problem with shoes sometimes because my wide feet really have to be shoved into shoes, so I didn't let that deter me. I love the retro vibe of plain white canvas shoes - they remind me of shoes I wore back in the 80s.


But looks alone are not enough, so I gave them the ultimate test - I went back to Ikea! I have a hard time finding simple canvas shoes like this that are wide enough but the Crocs were great for my feet. And the cushioning in the heel is everything I would hope for - super squishy and soft on my heels. I walked all over Ikea without any heel pain or tired feet.

Unfortunately, it didn't take too long before I noticed a different problem. The insole of the shoes is made out of the same material as all Crocs and is not covered in any sort of material so it made my feet start sweating profusely and there wasn't anything in the shoe to absorb the wetness, so my feet got slippery and shriveled. Not fun. Now to be fair, I wasn't wearing any socks, but I really think that the shoes should have some lining in them so that they absorb sweat like normal tennis shoes.

My final thoughts are that the shoes are a great look, and comfortable, but only if you are going to wear socks with them.
________________
Crocs sent me these shoes to review free of charge. The opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: