Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Eating Dinner At Work

Around 5 pm on Monday I was asked to work late. Great, I need the extra income. But this time there was no Smart One hidden in the freezer for me. I was trying to come up with something healthy I could eat out of the few restaurants that are even open Downtown in the evenings. Luckily a coworker suggested Yumi To Go and even suggested the yummy (yumi?) salad that I ended up ordering. So bonus $ and I managed to stay on course.

What I Wore While Working OT:


Seriously, you must check out my new boots! My calves are huge. Even when I am thin (okay, thinner - normal) my calves don't like to fit into normal sized boots. So I often spend years looking for knee high boots thatI can squeeze my calves into. I am constantly ordering boots online and sending them back. My old black boots are about 4 years old, and they recently bit the dust. During my girl time with Maria on Sunday, we stopped into Avenue b/c they had a supercute dress in the window. And I asked about boots, b/c I got the only pair of boots that I haven't had to struggle to zip there last year. Amazingly someone had purchased some boots online and returned them. A brown pair and a black pair - size 8!!! You can't even find them online anymore. And THEY WERE ON SALE!! I got then for $20 each. It totally made my day.
  • orange/cream/black dress (?? via Ross)
  • cream tank (Old Navy)
  • black cropped jacket (Newport News)
  • black boots (Cloudwalkers)
  • green purse (Estee Lauder -thrifted)
  • gold tone teardrop necklace (Walmart)
What I Ate While Working OT:



  • breakfast: oatmeal/fruit jar *
  • lunch: turkey sandwich, 2 cuties, 10 grape tomatoes, 1 string cheese
  • snacks: 1 large mug hot tea, 2 cups lite soup, 1 mango coconut Soyjoy bar, 1 South Beach raspberry 100 snack bar
  • dinner: 1/2 cup edamame, 1 tuna poke salad (mixed lettuce, raw ahi tuna, avocado, green onions, cilantro), 1 fortune cookie

Total Calories: 1506

* I make 5 servings of oatmeal on Sunday and then pack them in glass jars that I saved from when I buy yogurt from Whole Foods. Then I just reheat them at the office. This week my oatmeal is a really good combo. I've got steel cut oats (I hate regular oatmeal) with dried cherries, sliced almonds, and gala apple chunks. I add some ground cloves, ground cinnamon, and splenda. Delish! And a nice combo of carbs, protein, and a little fat too.

No comments: