Friday, May 8, 2009

Guest Blogger - Maria Part II

Please welcome Maria back for her second week as a guest blogger.
________________________________

I have been waiting for my offer letter for an internal position all week. What that means is that I have had to at least look semi-professional all week just in case I was going to get invited to HR to chat! Today I took a bit more casual approach. It's also the shortest skirt I've ever worn to work. Do you think it is too short?

What I Wore While Waiting, Some More, For My Offer Letter:


  • Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft
  • Shirt: Isaac Misrahi for Target
  • Shoes: Calvin Klein
  • Brooch: From my own, personal vintage collection
  • Earrings: Sam Moon, a local discount importer
  • Necklace: Arthur's
  • Really White Legs: what my momma gave me :-)
______________________________

Thanks, Maria! You look cute! I love the color combo!

In response to your question, it's my personal rule that anything that doesn't at least touch the top of your knee is too short for work if you work in a professional, non-creative capacity. But you have the gams to pull it off, and I don't think you look inappropriate.

Can I borrow that brooch?? Pretty please?

Oh and - my momma gave me those same legs! You and I could stand together on a beach and reflect all the sunlight right back out into space. ha!

9 comments:

Lmac said...

The brooch is a great addition to the outfit! Your shoes are fab!

Lmac said...

And I don't think the skirt is too short :)

LaShaune said...

If the skirt was straight and you wore spike heels, then yes, it would be too short. But you have enough hem length you could let it out maybe an inch.

The pin is super cute.

Kelly said...

Love that brooch!

Stacy said...

Looking great, Maria! Love the color combo and those red shoes. How can you have a bad day in those? =)
Congrats on your purse hooks too!
I'm excited for you!

Nana Erin said...

Do *I* think it is too short? No. No I do not. I may not be the best judge though ;)

But you look great!~ I love all the colors.

Unknown said...

Ahhh I've worn shorter ;) I think it looks great on you. I was not noticing whether your skirt was long or short. It was the accessories I was looking at. The red shoes and the brooch. That's the key in dressing, putting the focus where you want it. Great job!

Sans Moniker said...

Ya'll are so sweet! Thanks for all of the comments!

Niki Jolene said...

Shoes, oh those fantastic shoes! I am drooling all over my keyboard right now.

:)