Monday, July 20, 2009

Pros & Cons of Cooler Weather

It was unseasonably cool here today - high of 82 or something like that. This meant two things. First, I FROZE in the office b/c the A/C was still set for 100+ and sun coming through all the windows. Second, it was so beautiful outside that it necessetated eating and playing dominoes outside at our favorite pub. Thankfully they have some yummy and healthy food options.

What I Wore While Freezing in the Office:

I really need to find my sunglasses
  • red shirt and sequined tank (? via Kohls)
  • skirt, shortened by me (thrifted, Goodwill)
  • belt (thrfited, Goodwill)
  • brown leather heels (Manolo Blahniks, thrifted Goodwill)
  • stone earrings & necklace (hand-me-down from a good friend)
What I Ate While Playing Dominoes at Old Monk:


  • breakfast: 1 c. Fiber One Honey Clusters, Almond Breeeze, 2 oz blueberries
  • lunch: turkey sandwich, carrots, sugar snap peas, cherries, and 10 pop chips (meh)
  • snack: string cheese and SoyJoy
  • dinner: smoked salmon sandwich with cream cheese, capers, and lettuce; side salad with carrots, grapes toms, goat cheese, and no dressing; La Fin du Monde (my fave beer)
  • dessert: Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich
What I Did While Multitasking:


I was catching up on the Tour de France, but I also needed to cram in at least a token amount of exercise before I went to bed. My solution? Steal Rand's computer (mine is still melted and broken), stick a pilated DVD in it, and set it up so I could see both the computer and the TV. Tour and pilates! It didn't last too long though. I only managed to get in 16 minutes before I was interupted. Better than nothing, I say.

Total for the Day: 30 points (1759 calories), 4 glasses water, 16 minutes pilates

11 comments:

eednic said...

super cute belt and skirt!!

Jess said...

1) I love the colors of that outfit.
2) The Old Monk is also OUR favorite pub! I adore that place. We actually took a really cute engagement pic there.
3) My husband is obsessed with La Fin du Monde and all the others from that brewery!! He wishes they made t-shirts with the sweet heavy metal looking labels on them.

WickedThrifty said...

way to go on the multitasking exercise! one of my favorite ways of sneaking a little in is to do some weights-on-stability-ball during commercials :D this was ambitious but 16 minutes is definitely better than nothing!

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

love the skirt! its so funky!!
and you're right 16 minutes is better than nothing!

Unknown said...

Pretty paisley skirt!

It's only 68 here today. What happened to global warming? But I'm sure you enjoyed the outside at that cooler temp.

Nana Erin said...

Love that skirt.

Girl, invite m,e to Old Monk. I love that place!

(my word verification is "precal" just the thought of higher maths made me break out in a cold sweat)

Sheila said...

Great outfit! I love the belt.

Great food today! Yum, looks delicious. Fin du Monde is a great beer - I've tried all of their beer. I've seen t-shirts of their labels: http://www.unibroue.com/products/fin-accessoire.cfm (if you click on Beers then Accessories, you can see the different things you can get, like t-shirts, glasses, etc.).

Honeybunches of Roses said...

shoes, belt and stone earrings & necklace are all things I wished I own. Very beautiful!

Tina said...

eednic - thanks!

Jess - Okay, you, me and Erin all need to meet there for a beer once the weather cools off again. Deal? Oh and Sheila left you a link to T-shirts for Unibroue. Be sure to check it out.

Thrifty - You know, I used to do that. Or if I was really ambitious I would jump rope during the commercials. That really got my heart rate going, but that only worked when I lived in a loft with 14 ft ceilings and concrete floors. I should break out the ball though. Good idea!

Amy - I'm trying. I figure sometimes I just have to be happy with a token bit of exercise rather than a major workout. It's better than just laying on the couch. Although I'm thinking I need to pull up some of your videos and rock out. I love them so much!

Sher - ha! I know, but then it's 105 here and I realize it was all just a temporary lull to lure me into longsleeves.

Erin - We should def go to Old Monk next time the weather is nice. I just love love love it outside there.

Sheila - Thanks! And thanks for the link to the T-shirts! I might have to pick Rand (or myself) up one of those. Such a great brewery. All of their beer is just amazing. Although I do have to be careful since the alcohol content is so high. There have been a couple of occassions when I have stood up and gone "Whoa. I'm drunk. But I only had 2 beers." until I realize that basically I really had 4 beers worth of alcohol. Whoops.

Honeybunches - thanks! I wish I could point you in the direction of the person that made the necklace and earrings, b/c I know they are handmade by a friend of the person who gave them to me. But I have no clue who that is!

Kasmira said...

Luverly skirt! I am going to look for one like that and shorten it too. I know I've seen similar skirts and passed. I just didn't have your vision.

Yes, I'm a style biter.

Tina said...

Kasmira - I'm a style biter too! I think that's one of the great things about these blogs. Inspiration galore!