Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CopyCat - Andrea

Just yesterday Andrea of A Cat of an Impossible Color posted an outfit that I threatened to copy and here it is already. It was just too wonderful to delay.

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "I like the suspenders. I just want to grab them!" Then he made to grab them. I couldn't decide if it was because he thought they were sexy or if he wanted to snap them like a 13 year old boy snaps a 13 year old girl's bra. I didn't stick around to find out.

For dinner we had our first spinach harvest. This ------> isn't really spinach; it's a vine, but they call it spinach b/c it tastes like it. We stuck some in our salad. It was a little bitter, but delish.

What I Wore While Copying Andrea:


  • blue wide-leg slacks (Gap)
  • red plaid blouse (Rainbow)
  • teal T (Old Navy)
  • red suspenders (thrifted Goodwill)
  • red suede wedges (Old Navy)
  • teal earrings (??)
  • scrabble tile necklace (Etsy, unknown vendor)

What I Ate From My First Harvest:


  • breakfast: cheesy egg, bagel, apple
  • lunch:smoked salmon sandwich, carrot, red and green bell peppers, banana
  • snack: Cliff Z, Greek Gods nonfat yogurt, blueberries
  • dinner: rosemary chicken, corn, side salad WITH SPINACH FROM GARDEN
  • dessert: mini microwave cake with blueberries
Exercise:

3 worktime walks - 1.5 miles

Total for the Day: 27.5 points, 4 glasses water, 1.5 miles walking

12 comments:

Sheila said...

What a cute outfit! It reminds me of the early 80s with those suspenders!

Your food looks great! How is WW going for you? Do you find it hard to use all the points?

THe other tina said...

That outfit is too cute!

Kari said...

I adore your necklace! Hmm, I should wear my goldfish pendant this week. It's been a while since I pulled it out.

What a cute reinterpretation of Andrea's look! I love your daring use of suspenders and cheerful colors.

K said...

This is a fun look and is very flattering for you. I really like the red and turquoise together.

hillary said...

I totally saw her outfit and thought the SAME THING. I love your interpretation. One of my favorite outfits I ever wore included suspenders. I dunno they just make it fun!

eednic said...

this outfit is too cute!!! i love it! i love the colors and the suspenders...and the shoes and the jewelry!! i want it!

Kasmira said...

I adore the blouse and suspenders. Your pose is fun too. I will copy THAT later today!

Lorena said...

Suspenders!! love them, the copy-cat wardrobe worked beautifully!!

Tina said...

Sheila - Thanks! I am such a pig that I rarely find it hard to use all the points. And on the days that I do, I've followed your advice to eat almonds!

The Other Tina - thanks!

Kari - I definitely vote for the goldfish pendant. It sounds fun!

ShopKim - thanks!

hillary - seriously, suspenders are so much fun. I wish they were a little more flattering on me than they are, but I'm not going to let my boobs get in the way of my fun!

eednic - thanks!

Kasmira - Thanks! I can't wait to see you copy this pose. I copy so many people, it will be nice to be copied. hehe

Lorena - thanks!

Jess said...

Those suspenders look super cute! Overall I think it's a very sexy-pinup-girl kind of look :)

Tina said...

Jess - ooooh pin up girl! Now that's what I call a compliment. Thanks so much!!

BAM said...

Agreed with others: LOVE the suspenders. makes me want to track a pair down for myself.