Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sleeping Beauty?

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "It's curtains. That's a curtain skirt."

So this is the aftermath of only getting 2 1/2 hrs of sleep. By the time I got home from work (4 hours early, BTW) I was basically sleepwalking. Rand snapped this pic of me when I laid down to rest for a second before we took my daily photos. How could I not use it? Look at how neatly my clothes are laid out on the bed. If this had been after the photo was taken, I would have been wallowing, but here I was trying to prevent pre-pic wrinkles. Ah vanity, thy name is Tina.

What I Wore While Being a Sleep Zombie:


2009-09-17 combo

  • skirt (thrifted Goodwill)
  • aqua faux wrap shirt (Target)
  • silvertone belt (?)
  • magenta heels (Steve Madden)
  • silver bead necklace (Ralph Lauren)
  • silvertone brooch (thrifted, Goodwill)

Just so you have an idea what the outfit looked like when I wasn't passed out --->

12 comments:

Beth said...

You look like sleeping beauty! Love the skirt!

Madame: The Journey said...

That skirt is so cute!

Diana said...

I love those heels!

Unknown said...

Just pretend your Scarlett ;D I want that curtain skirt!

Sheila said...

What a cool skirt! I love the mix of that blue-green and the bright purple.

Kari said...

How pretty - love the skirt! I like how the colors are all muted and gray/silvery toned, but you still have so much variety in the colors you have on.

Sleeping Beauty looks pretty darn good!

Anne said...

I haven't been here for ages but looking through some of the last 10-15 posts I must say you look fantastic!
Whatever you are doing it's working!
I'm guessing you have been losing quite a bit of weight?
Keep it up girl!

Tina said...

Beth - thanks!

Madame - thanks!

Diana - thanks! Me too. I've had them so long that I've had to "re-dye" them with a sharpie more than once. (They don't make a shoe polish or dye in this shade. Even my cobbler couldn't fix them.)

Sher - That's what my coworker said too. Scarlett indeed.

Sheila - thanks!

Kari - thanks! I agree with you about the muted colors.

Charlotte - thanks! I've lost about 18 pounds. Well, I had lost that, but I think I put about 4 back on with all the eating I did over the last week. Back to the grindstone.

Nana Erin said...

Ahahhha. Adorable. And I still love that skirt.

eednic said...

what an absolutely stunning outfit! look at those colors!! one of my faves of yours fo sho. w3rd.

Tina said...

Erin - thanks! Me too. Sadly, it's not going to fit for much longer. Maybe I can hike it up and wear it as a dress.

Cindee - awww. thanks!

Brooke said...

Aw, you totally look like Sleeping Beauty. Or Snow White, since you've got dark hair. Cute!

Love the gray and fuschia together.