Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bundled Up

I joined a 52 week challenge where I can't use my car one day each week for all of 2011. On Saturday we rode our bikes everywhere, but Monday I opted to take the bus to work. That meant I had to dress warmly enough to stand around at a bus stop and to walk about 1/2 mile from the bus to my office.

There was residual snow here Monday so I bundled up. And I mean BUNDLED UP. I had on leggings, a skirt, a full slip, a dress, a cardigan, a pashmina, and topped it off with a winter coat. I thought I would be really hot in the office, but something must have been wrong with the heater b/c it was freezing in the building. I was the only person who wasn't cold.

What I Wore That Was 5 Layers Deep:

2011-01-10 combo
  • black leggings and socks (Target)
  • grey skirt (via Goodwill)
  • dress (via Goodwill)
  • striped cardi (Target)
  • grey scarf (via Goodwill)
  • grey suede boots (Lane Bryant)
  • skinny black belt (Target)
  • earrings (via swap)
  • bracelet (Payless)
What I Ate That Kept Me Warm:

2011-01-10 food
  • breakfast: Fiber One pancakes w/ oatmeal and blueberries, banana
  • lunch: root vegetable stew, apple
  • snack: spinach salad, carrot, Clif Z bar, persimmon
  • dinner: fat free hot dogs, sweet potato fries

No comments: