Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Work Wear: Commuting Clothes

I have certain pairs of heels that I don't like to drive in for one reason or another. These are suede and driving in them make a little worn spot on the back of my right heel. Plus, I really like to wear flats walking into the office from the parking garage, because it takes a solid 15 minutes to get to my office and I like to spare my feet a little.

And I don't know about where you work, but my office has a tendency to be scalding hot or freezing, so quite often I try to wear a bonus jacket or something that still coordinates with my outfit but doesn't have to be worn if I don't want to. I used to always just wear the same black cardigan at my desk, but I find that it used to make me feel schlumpy when someone came into talk to me. So now I try to have a layering piece that goes with my outfit.

Do you change what you're wearing for your commute?

What I Wore On My Commute:

2011-04-28 combo
  • grey/black patterned blouse (Lane Bryant)
  • refined denim pencil skirt (Lane Bryant)
  • red belt (City Chic)
  • jacket (Courtenay via Ross)
  • black flats (maurices)
  • necklace (via Goodwill)
  • red heels (Jessica Simpson via Goodwill)
  • ring (Lane Bryant)

No comments: