Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shopping Spree: SavannahRed



I met Anslee Connell, the designer for SavannahRed, when I was in Austin for the Texas Style Council Conference. You know that I'm a little green around the edges. Okay, I'm a lot green (I spent 2 hours last night ironing tissue paper from my sister's baby shower so that it could be used again.). SavannahRed designs are right up my alley. Most of the pieces are made from upcycled garments or otherwise abandoned fabrics.

SavannahRed designs are fun and fresh, inspired by vintage silhouettes, and made for full figured women.  When you purchase a garment, you are not only supporting an eco-friendly company, but you are also supporting the artistic creativity of a local, handmade business. And that's pretty cool

Anslee contact me about designing a dress for me to wear to Full Figured Fashion Week. If you follow me on Twitter, then you know I've been stressing over what to wear to the White on White Cruise event, so I asked if she could make me something inspired by this piece from her last collection.




It was super easy. I just sent her my measurements and she started sewing. I am really excited to support a local Texas designer, especially one who has an eco-ethic.

Stay tuned to see how it fits once it arrives!

No comments: