Monday, July 11, 2011

Work Wear: Cream "Suit"

Yep, I'm wearing the same jacket that I wore just a few days ago. I like to think that the reset button gets hit over the weekend, so it's fair game to wear the same clothes even if I just wore them. And can I say that I love this outfit? I feel like the skirt and the jacket almost create a casual suit look. I don't normally feel as comfortable wearing full skirts at this office as I have at other jobs in the past, b/c this office is more dressy. But I think the jacket elevates the skirt to an acceptable level. And I felt really pretty all day.

What I Wore While Faking a Suit:

2011-06-09 combo

  • brown/cream skirt (Target)
  • blue shirt (NY&Co.)
  • cream jacket (Land's End, thrifted for me by Elissa of Dress With Courage)
  • blue shoes (Rainbow)
  • tweed purse (Ann Taylor via Goodwill)
  • gold necklace (via Goodwill)
  • gold brooch (via Goodwill)
  • cream and brass bracelets (Lane Bryant, World Market, and Goodwill)

What I Ate While Doped Up:

I don't have a food diary for today. I have had such a bad reaction after my trip to the dentist's office last week, that I spent the entire weekend in bed in pain. So I didn't make it to the grocery store. And this morning I rushed out of the house and went straight to the dentist to have him take a look at what is going on and to prescribe me some painkillers b/c aspirin was not cutting it. So even if I could have dug up something to take to work for lunch, I didn't spend the time to do it.

So, I ate McDonald's for "brunch" while driving from the dentist to the office. And then I ate a bar that I had on my desk along with a coke from the office fridge. And for dinner I scrounged some noodles and brocolli out of the back of the fridge. I did not eat healthy, nor did I stay in my points. But currently I'm doped up on Vicodin so I'm having a hard time getting too upset with myself. Everything is grooooovy.

No comments: