Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Copycat: Pink Pencil Skirt

When I saw this pink and camel look with orange accents on Pinterest, I knew I had the things in my closet to recreate it. The original look is from Dsquared via Style.com. I debated wearing my bright orange heels instead of these more muted spectator pumps but then I couldn't find them (hello, hiding in my car) so the decision was made for me. I even tried to do a work appropriate version of her hair and make-up, but you can't really tell in the photo that I am wearing a lot more makeup than normal. So, time well spent in front of the mirror. LOL

What I Wore While Copying Dsquared:

2011-08-11 copycat

  • white tank (Sonoma)
  • pink sateen skirt* (Lane Bryant)
  • camel cardigan (Kathie Lee via thrift)
  • orange belt (Target (new) via Goodwill)
  • spectator pumps (? via Goodwill)
  • starfish necklace (via Goodwill)
  • white watch (Tikkr)
* I loved this skirt for the first 10 minutes I had it on. After that it got super baggy and wrinkled. It's in my pile of things to return.

No comments: