Monday, November 14, 2011

Just Dance!

Elissa of Dress with Courage invited Julie of the Semi-Reformed Nerd and I to join her at an event Vogue was having in conjunction with Brahmin. There were sweet treats, glasses of champagne, and lots of beautiful bags. Julie fell in love with a fun, small clutch and I was drooling over a gorgeous red tote that I thought would be perfect for work. However, since I am unemployed I did not make any purchases. I've gotta watch my dollars and make responsible choices.

What I Wore To Hang Out With Vogue At Brahmin:

2011-11-11 combo

  • black & gold dress (LucieLu)
  • denim jacket (Jones New York Sport)
  • black fishnets (Avenue)
  • olive shoes (BCBGirls)
  • earrings (gift, I think my aunt made them)
  • bracelets (c/o Lane Bryant)


What I Did With My Slippers On:

2011-11-11 exercise

I picked up a used copy of Just Dance 2 at Best Buy. I'd never done it before but I had heard that it was a fun way to break a sweat. And let's face it, I've gotten horribly out of shape. Even though I've been overweight for a long time, I was always still working out and getting exercise. But that's completely gone away over the last year, and I can really feel it. I don't like it. So I want to get back into the swing of exercising, but I knew I needed to ease back into it slowly. A dancing game seemed the way to go, and I had a ton of fun with it. Can you tell from the look on my face that I might have been into it? LOL

No comments: