Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm a Purse Pimp

I own too many purses. Waaaay too many. See, no matter my weight, they always fit. So I generally don't get rid of them unless they die. Usually this causes problems b/c my current closet isn't set up to accommodate so many purses, but occasionally my problem is actually a plus. Like today. My sister-in-law has a Christmas party to go to and she needed a fancy clutch, but didn't want to go spend a ton of money on something she would only use once. Enter my massive purse collection. She came over, grabbed 4 clutches to take home to try out with her outfit, and then took me out for lunch. She got a free clutch and I got a free lunch. Win-win! And when she dropped me off after we were done, she commented on the purse I was carrying, so I emptied it out and gave that to her too.

Bonus: She also took me to her favorite consignment store in Dallas. None of the clothes were my size, but they had amazing things, so I really enjoyed browsing.

Rand's Daily Outfit Assessment: "You look like something out of Gone With The Wind." You should have seen me when I had my petticoat on underneath it. (It was too much, but I really wanted it to work.)

What I Wore While Pimping My Purses For Food:

2011-12-09 combo

  • pink & orange dotted dress (Robbie Bee via Goodwill)
  • orange crochet trim tank (Old Navy)
  • grey cardigan (B'Leev via Ross)
  • grey suede boots (Lane Bryant Outlet)
  • grey purse (c/o Lane Bryant)
  • pink earrings (Old Navy)
  • pink necklace (c/o Charming Charlie)
  • tri-colored cuff bracelet (Charming Charlie)
I did my hair following these instructions, but even though I used hairspray, it only lasted about 10 minutes. Oh well.

No comments: